Simplefit.org • View topic - Fast 5 diet plan

Fast 5 diet plan

Natural Nutrition

Moderator: cheapo

Fast 5 diet plan

Postby samjackson » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:14 am

I started the Fast 5 plan on Tuesday. Its easy; fast 19 hours each day with a 5 hour window for eating. Adjust the timing to suit your particular daily schedule. Use common sense with the foods you choose to eat, though the author of the diet places no food restrictions in the diet plan.

Here;s the link: http://www.fast-5.com/

They have a yahoo group established. I suggest you read through the postings to get a sense of how people respond to the diet plan.
samjackson
Advanced Member

Postby jbearden65 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:09 pm

Started my 2nd week on Fast-5. Doing pretty good so far. Had acouple of slipups this weekend but I'm pretty much back on track now. I find it easy when I'm at work because I stay busy. The tough times are at home, like this weekend. I'm a little surprised at how hungry I'm actually NOT. Lost about 5 lbs so far but my weight fluctuates alot anyway so I'm looking towards my longterm goal of being 40 lbs leaner.
jbearden65

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:24 pm

Fantastic, that is great to here! Most people love IF for that very reason, it really reduces apatite. After you are fully adapted you should experience ultra stable blood sugar through out the day. One of the most positive points of IF for me is the huge increase in overall energy and enhanced concentration.

Keep up the great work you guys!

BTW what type of timing window are you guys using?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby samjackson » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:18 am

Today begins my second week on Fast 5. My food window is 5PM to 10 PM, though I'm not anal about it. IF does reduce your appetite. I actually don't want to eat much food when I do eat.

Not spending money to buy lunch or worrying about how I'm going to eat breakfast are additional benefits. I too am looking to lose, at least, 40 pounds. I figure that between these workouts and IF I can lose 2 pounds a week, which is a healthy rate of weight loss. I'm looking forward to retiring my size 38 pants permanently!
samjackson
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Hey, just checking in how our you guys doing with this?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby samjackson » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:23 am

So far so good. My middle seems be shrinking and have dropped a few pounds.
samjackson
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:48 am

Great news!

If you guys have any blood work done that would be cool for comparison as IF should have a positive impact on cholesterol because it will increase insulin sensitivity. Hdl ldl and triglycerides would be good to compare if you guys happen to have the data. My Dr wanted to put me on statins 2 years ago, but after replacing all refined carbs with fruits and vegetables and doing IF he said my numbers were fine. Even if you are eating non paleo carbs it would be interesting to see IF's impact on those numbers. Always good to know those numbers anyway.

Cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jbearden65 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:32 am

Sorry haven't been on in awhile. Been real busy with work, school and home. I'm not doing as well as I wanted to be on Fast-5. I've lost a few pounds but my weight is up and down. I've had some slip ups during the day too. I might eat a handful of nuts here and there at work. I definitely feel better. I think I need to clean up my diet a little more and step up exercise intensity too. I feel a renewed committment as I write this. Thanks for the support on this forum.
jbearden65

Postby JoeBerne » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:57 am

Don't forget that your weight will fluctuate with IF because you're depleting/ replenishing muscle glycogen so often. When you deplete glycogen you can lose a lot of water weight - this is why people who start diets always lose 10 pounds so quickly, then stall. Try to weigh yourself at the same situation only - say, at the end of your fast, for more valid comparisons.
One thing that surprised me about IF was how easily I've been gaining muscle. I haven't lost a lot of weight but I have visible abs for the first time in my life, so I must be losing fat. So the scale isn't always the best gauge of progress.
Good luck!
JoeBerne

Postby samjackson » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:53 am

Your right. The scale is not always the best measure of fat loss. What is though is a tape measure. The tape doesn't lie.

I started my fourth week on Fast 5 this past Tuesday. It does get easier as time goes on. I don't even have a problem on the weekends. I just don't eat until 5. What makes it tough is my co-workers who eat their aromatic lunches at their desks. While I'm not actually hungry, the smells are very distracting.

When I started Simplefit 4 1/2 weeks ago I was at 220 lbs. I below 115 today. I happy with the progrees I've made.
samjackson
Advanced Member

Postby jbearden65 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:55 am

That's exactly what happened to me! I lost 10 pounds QUICK but gradually gained some back. I haven't really been working out much due to some shoulder and neck problems. I think once I kick in the wroking out, I'll see some changes. Right now though my waist seems to be about the same and I'm on week 4.
jbearden65

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:04 pm

Be sure to concentrate on quality carbohydrate sources, fast 5/IF will really help with insulin control but still look to fruit and veggies for carbs if possible.

Great work guys
Admin
Site Admin

question about the fast 5

Postby fitnfrustrated » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:09 pm

if you fast for 19 hours - on my schedule that would have me eating "breakfast" at like 1 or 2 in the afternoon....does that sound right???? I would be absolutely starving by then! Am I missing something? and do you do your workouts on an empty stomach then?
fitnfrustrated

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:12 pm

After a couple weeks your body shifts hormonally and it is a walk in the park, I eat between noon and 6pm each day seems totally normal now.
Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Nutrition