• View topic - Update and a new question

Update and a new question

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Update and a new question

Postby piecomics » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:29 am

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice on pull up subs, I've been doing the simplefit workout (even got my wife doing it) for the past few weeks, and I've definitely been getting stronger. I've lost about 8 pounds, and I'm a heartbeat away from doing a real pull up.

Now I have a new situation... In a little more than a month, I'm going to be doing some hardcore martial arts training with a group of russians who are extremely fit/very strong. Obviously in addition to the simplefit, I'm also doing my usual martial arts training, but I'm wondering what else I could/should be doing.

I have access to a gym (thanks to my job) that is pretty state of the art. I also have some clubbells that a friend lent me. I'm looking for advice on what kinds of exercise to do to supplement the Simplefit, and how often to do it.

(so far I've been doing the rowing machine, but I'm not sure how to organize that...)

many thanks!

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:04 pm

If they do sambo work on ankle / leg lock defense :P

Usually strength is no match for really good technique I got to roll with Rickson and Royce Gracie when I was doing bjj and they would choke me out in about 30 sec using almost no strength. Simplefit/crossfit is just about the best type of conditioning you can do for MA since it is so functional so I think you got the physical aspect covered.

My 2 pennies.
Site Admin

Postby pablo » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:17 am

Also some mobility exercises will help you a great deal, happy training.

Return to fitness training