• View topic - Workout challenge!

Workout challenge!

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Workout challenge!

Postby agoodlysize » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:38 am

I think I posted this in the wrong forum originally, I think this might be a little more appropriate for this one.

I have a very specific situation. I am currently on the road with a bus-and-truck theatrical tour, in a different city every night, and I have little time to work out.

I've been doing Simple fit for about three months (starting on level four), lost about 13 pounds and almost two pant sizes. I've been substituting pullups for inverted pullups under hotel desks (works suprisingly well) and just doing it whenever I have the time, which is generally 4-5 times a week.

I'm looking to amp up my routine, all within the confines of a 7x5 space. I have, at my disposal:

One DoorGym, three elastic bands (light, medium, heavy) and two resistance bands (heavy, very heavy).

Thinking muscle confusion and efficiency on a tight schedule, what should I start adding in? I've been adding in burpees, mountain climbers and resistance band exercises, but I'm kind of at a loss as to where to go beyond pushups/pullups/squats.

I can do two real pullups at a time, I'm motivated by a recent breakup and ready to get my ass in shape for audition season when I get off the tour in April.

Please, help me kick my own a**.

Postby splint » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:57 pm

Gee, I don't know what to tell you, pull-ups, push-ups squats, burpees, mountain climbers, resistance bands. Sounds like you've got a lot of it covered for what your limitations are. What about a jump rope? Another good thing might be a kettlebell. I have a single 16kg kettlebell and there are literally hundreds of different things you can do with it. They can be expensive however. Sounds like a lot fo your problem might be variety.

This website has some unusual exercises that might keep you from getting bored: All Fours Fitness

Good Luck, oh, and info on kettlebell training: DragonDoor

Postby agoodlysize » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:59 am

I guess its looking for variety so I don't plateau as much. Thanks for the workouts! I get a little ADD when it comes to this, so this will really help keep things fresh.

Postby Admin » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:07 am

This is cool for some variety just lacks pulling.
Site Admin

Postby agoodlysize » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:41 pm

This is great stuff, folks. Greatly, greatly appreciated.

Postby durvish » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:50 pm

Admin wrote:This is cool for some variety just lacks pulling.

DANG!!!! I was hoping to be the first to post these cards! :shock:

Return to fitness training