Simplefit.org • View topic - Lakshmi's Palace

Lakshmi's Palace

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Lakshmi's Palace

Postby Lakshmi » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm new and found SimpleFit through a link on a another forum I visit. I had seen CrossFit before and liked the concept but thought it was a little confusing. SimpleFit, like Goldilocks said, is just right. :D

I am active and am a Les Mills instructor. Over the last year my motivation has really waned and I haven't been able to find anything that really got me excited. SimpleFit has piqued my interest, so I'm excited to see where I'll be in 3 months.

Started today with L3D1. Rounds completed: 24

I substituted towel rows for pull ups and had to drop to knee push up on round 19. Standard push ups were not as deep as they should be, but I really try to focus on keeping my spine in line and dropping my butt. My thoughts afterward were that it really wasn't as hard as I thought I could do. I'll complete this level this week and re-evaluate if I should move up or stay.

I'm planning on having hubby create a pull up contraption in the gym. He mentioned something about when he was a kid they had a set up in the basement that had holes of varying heights in it. You slid the bar into whichever one you needed. That could be cool.
Lakshmi

Postby ucffool » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:59 am

Welcome, and I'm glad you have the opportunity for a pull-up workstation!
ucffool

Postby Lakshmi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:53 pm

Thanks Andy! I'm looking forward to D2 this afternoon!
Lakshmi

Return to workouts