Getting back into it.

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

tkbslc

Getting back into it.

Post by tkbslc » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:12 pm

I was hitting simplefit pretty hard for about 2 months and I developed a popping noise and knee pain while doing the squats. Turned out to be an overuse injury from inadequate recovery and poor squat form. So I decided to take some time off. I've been cycling and running and doing a normal weight routine. Of course I am already burned out on my circuit through 10 boring nautilus machines and want to get back to simplefit. I think I need to do it only maybe 2 days a week though. Any ideas on a program only 2 days a week? I can't be messing up my knee cause I love cycling and need to do about 80 miles a week to stay sane.

splint

Post by splint » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:13 am

Stronglifts had an article recently entitled "10 Tips to Stop your Knees from Popping and Cracking"

Lot's of good advice that may enable you to squat three times a week.

But if you decide to go 2 days a week, I guess I'd just do days 1 and 2 and focus on perfect squat form.

I developed a sore left shoulder from too many pull-ups and at one point I thought it was just overuse but I started performing Should Dislocations to improve shoulder mobility as part of my warmup and I haven't had trouble since, same number pf pull-ups, but no pain.

volleyball_man

Post by volleyball_man » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:12 am

Shoulder Dislocations are awesome!