• View topic - crossfit?

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

Postby changeup » Fri May 02, 2008 9:17 am

Thanks for the input from both of you. I've lost about five or six lbs in the past week and a half. I'm following the SimpleFit food plan (thanks Kevin). I have to say I agree that The Zone is hard to follow -- too didactic.

The pullups still suck, but I keep working at it. I just tell myself that doing pullups when you're overweight is like doing it with a weight vest. Think how easy it will be when I drop another 10.

Runs and SimpleFit this weekend. Have a good one gentlemen.
Advanced Member

Postby changeup » Thu May 08, 2008 8:03 am

I started CrossFit on April 23 and have dropped 8-lbs as of today. I think this proves that consistency (in nutrition and exercise) works. My body responds very quickly to any high intensity interval training.

So why aren't I posting this on CrossFit? I really find their mentality too "cultish" and a bit closed minded. They tend to dismiss anyone who doesn't embrace CrossFit 100 percent or who train at a regular gym. I've seen some mind blowing athletes at regular gyms... and some great trainers who are really switched on.

I find the people who post on SimpleFit much more intelligent, open minded and eclectic. From the posts I have read here, I've got a great resource pool for any questions.

I wasn't sure where to post this (on Progress?) so I will leave it here. In 10 days my CrossFit bootcamp ends and I will do SimpleFit, which I will post, until the next CrossFit camp starts.

Great site here. Thanks again Kevin.
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Thu May 08, 2008 9:01 am

Glad you like it here.

Site Admin

Postby splint » Mon May 12, 2008 11:20 am

I'm not a big fan of the Crossfit online community either. Like you said, a bit cultish, but that's to be expected, it happens when people of like minds gather in one place.

I've found the same response here as well. Maybe you only use a chin-up grip and like that best and maybe I use only pull-up grip or mixed grips. Who cares?

I've been doing Crossfit WODs for a month, and frankly, I miss the spontaneity I developed starting my daily workout with Simplefit and then coming up with exercises on the fly. I've been thinking of scaling back the Crossfit fit stuff to only "named" and "hero" workouts.

One benefit of Crossfit is that it really developed my shoulders/traps/upper back area. I hate shoulder work and Crossfit really forced me into those workouts, now I kind of like it since I've seen the improvement.

Return to fitness community