Simplefit.org • View topic - Exercise Smexercise :P

Exercise Smexercise :P

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Exercise Smexercise :P

Postby QueenGorgo » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:43 pm

Ok ok, so I'll start my workout log. It's going to be boring and pretty straight forward but if I AM doing something wrong, maybe someone will stop me from making a horrible mistake...

I've been doin' the simplefit routine for the past 3 weeks. Oh, and I think I should mention that I work out pretty much every day.

I did Level 1 the first AND second week. See, I was doing NOTHING before I started Simplefit, so I thought I'd ease into the program by doing Level 1 twice.

This week I am doing Level 2.

Since I work out every day, and not every other day as suggested, I usually do the Day 1 routine on the off day. I don't know if that's bad or whatever but I really love doing it.

I also walk a lot each day. :) Nothing like Sith's walks though.

Soooooo yeah. That's it, basically.

Oh, I almost forgot: I don't have a pull-up bar YET, so I've been substituting pull-ups with crunches and sit-ups FOR NOW. I do 3 times as many sit-ups and crunches for what ever amount of pull-ups the day requires. I know it's not anywhere near the same thing AT ALL, but it's giving me a good burn in the mean time.

When I DO get a pull-up bar... Well... I don't know how I'm going to work in the pull-ups. I can't do a pull-up. I never have been able to. So I'll have to do a sissy pull-up or something. I dunno.

But yeah, I love the program. Never in my life have I been able to do this many push-ups. Last night I did Day 2 of Level 2... that's 50 push-ups! I'm so proud of myself. In the past... I'd max out at 3 push-ups. No joke. I was in sad shape. Speaking of shape... my stomach is officially flat. I had this little pooch thing goin' on a month ago. Not anymore, my friends! WOO!
I love Simplefit.

Oh, and I'm here because of Sith. I think I'm his number 1 fan. He is the person that inspired me and my boyfriend to do this. Next Halloween, he's going to have the body of a Spartan and I'm going to have the body of the Queen! (hence the name...) 8)
QueenGorgo

Postby Admin » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:03 pm

Sounds like you are off to a great start!

I would be hesitant to recommend you doing these workouts everyday as it could lead to repetitive strain or tendinitis. So listen to your body.

If you want to workout everyday I would do the simplefit plan as prescribed and then maybe long walks jogging swimming or jumping rope on off days.

This is a kick ass article on how to apply intensity to regular cardio
http://www.alwyncosgrove.com/Energy-Sys ... ining.html

Cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Postby samjackson » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:04 pm

Sound great, Queen. Keep up the good work. How about telling us more about yourself in the Community forum?
samjackson
Advanced Member

Another Week Bites the Dust...

Postby QueenGorgo » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:20 pm

Alright, so in my first post I mentioned that this week I was doin' Level 2. I must have been smokin' something that day cus this week was Level 3. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. So anyway, I'm officially done with Level 3 tonight! Yay! Tomorrow, or possibly Tuesday, I'll start Level 4. And hopefully tomorrow I'll get out to buy a pull-up bar of some kind.
I kinda realized the error of my ways after thinking about my first post (and how I exercise every day, and not every other as recommended), so I've started doing it every other day. I know that as the levels get harder (and as I start actually doing the pull-up portion) I'll be feeling a lot more sore than I do now. I definitely don't want to get injured because that will be an excuse to stop.
Yesterday my boyfriend and I went downtown in Chicago and walked along the lake (on the jogging path). It was some workout! My calves are BURNING today. It's an awesome feeling.
ANYWAY, Level 4: Here I come!!!
QueenGorgo

Postby QueenGorgo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:58 pm

Since today was an off day, I ran on the tredmill while watching 24. I'm thinking about making it a regular thing. I'd like to find something to do on the off days. I don't exactly like running, but I guess no one does when they're first starting out.
Tomorrow I start Level 4. And I want to get my pull up bar tomorrow, too.
I still can't get into the whole nutrition part of the program. Although, I'm eating a million times healthier now than a month ago, so I guess that's a step in the right direction. :)
QueenGorgo

Postby Louis » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:34 pm

you should definitely look into doing uphill running on the off day instead of just regular flat running. or incline running on the treadmill a whole lot better than just regular running.
Louis

Postby QueenGorgo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:25 am

Yeah, I have that option on my tredmill so I think I WILL start running on an incline. Thanks for the suggestion! Seriously, sometimes I just don't think of these things on my own.
Which is why I'm here. :)
QueenGorgo

Postby QueenGorgo » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:46 pm

So I've been doin' good... just thought I'd check in. Nothing out of the ordinary with my workouts. I do simplefit every other day - Run on the off days. Finishing up Level 4 this weekend.
I must say, I am definitely happy with what I'm seeing in the mirror. It's really encouraging.
Horray for fitness!
QueenGorgo

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:17 pm

Great to hear!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby QueenGorgo » Sat May 05, 2007 12:12 pm

UPDATE! YAY!
So I'm still doin' my simplefit every other day and I'm still doing some form of cardio on the off days. I'm getting great results. I really just need to crack down on my eating habits and then I'm set!
On May 25th I hope to start the 90 day P90X program. It's a crazy and tough "muscle confusion" program designed for people who are already in decent shape, so Simplefit is preparing me for that! It may not work out, but I'm going to try my best to stick with it.
QueenGorgo

Return to workouts