I have to say that one thing I really like about the crossfit website is Greg Glassman's dedication to getting information out in his journals. I just thought I would post his recommendation for pushup milestones. I'll also post the link to his pushup article. Very well written. And one hell of a challenge!
http://www.crossfit.com/journal/library ... ushups.pdf
10 Push-up Milestones and Challenges
Here is a progression that should keep anyone busy for a couple of years.
1. Fifty honest basic push-ups
2. Ten handstand push-ups
3. 100 honest basic push-ups
4. Fifteen handstand push-ups
5. Tabata interval basic push-ups with 20 reps in each of 8 intervals
6. One handstand push-up without use of wall
7. Ten handstand push-ups without use of wall
8. Fifteen handstand push-ups without use of wall
9. Twenty handstand push-ups without use of wall
10. One handstand push-up without use of wall and on fingertips.
"Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragement, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak”