• View topic - Custom SimpleFit Program

Custom SimpleFit Program

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Custom SimpleFit Program

Postby FunWithAGun » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:17 am

Hi there,

This is my first post by the way.
First off - I love this site. Great info and workouts. Keep up the good work!
And I really like the nutritional input.

BTT: I have been experimenting a bit and I find you can really boost the overall effectiveness of the SimpleFit program by swapping the body weight squats for two-handed Kettlebell swings (36 pounds or heavier). Apart from that keep the workout as is.

Sure, it is no longer a body weight only workout, but you will get GREAT results because the kettlebell will improve your grip strength by far and it will also really boost middle and lower back development. It will also dramatically increase the cardio component and boost endurance beyond measurement.

Give it a try and let me know how you like it. :-)
Do it for one or two weeks though at least.

PS: Keep up the great work all of you.

Re: Custom SimpleFit Program

Postby splint » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:03 pm

I also incorporate the KB into my workouts. I have a 1 and 1.5 pood ball. However, in my opinion, bodyweight squats wear me out more than KB swings. So I try to do both. I'll do the Simplefit workout, mark the time, and then time how long it takes to do 100 swings, or something like that. I wouldn't feel right not doing my squats.

Postby zorg » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:07 pm

Also, the squats are good training for barbell squats and deadlifts.

Postby FunWithAGun » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:05 am

Those are some good comments. I personally love squats, but I also love KB stuff ;-)

Maybe I might try KB sumo deadlift high pulls, wich are very "squat"ish as opposed to swings.

I just like mixing things up and normal squats tend to be to easy compared to the rest (I have pretty strong legs from playing drums for many years in a few rock bands).

Thanks and cheers,

PS: Nothing beats KettleBell (dead) clean and presses!!!

Postby Admin » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:34 am

Site Admin

Return to fitness training