Simplefit.org • View topic - Many Questions - Please Answer - Program Needed

Many Questions - Please Answer - Program Needed

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Many Questions - Please Answer - Program Needed

Postby NonStop » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:56 pm

I've been doing weight training for a while, but have found that my joints can only withstand so much pressure before they really start to ache and click. Anyways, been advised to move to a bodyweight training program, and I have to admit that I really like the look of this program.

However, to keep in mind, I'm doing boxing 3 times a week, which consists of a run, bag work, skipping, and all sorts of bodyweight exercises.

What can I do outside of my boxing classes?

In addition, I don't want to do squats as they aggravate my knees, and I want to do one-armed kettlebell swings for stamina which also really work the legs.

If people can devise a program/make suggestions for me, I'd appreciate it. I also want to include some bodyweight ab work, maybe leg raises, and chin-ups for bicep work. Oh, and I practice boxing Mon, Wedm Thurs (sometimes Thurs is off)
NonStop

Postby volleyball_man » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:05 am

Hey - welcome!

Chin-ups = biceps and, depending on form, ab work.

Go to crossfit and view the vids on squat form. They shouldn't hurt the knees.

Suggestion - drop the run and do this program or just add it to you current work.
volleyball_man

Postby volleyball_man » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:08 am

Oh - and is the boxing workout actually training as a fighter or is it just a workout you like for conditioning?
volleyball_man

Return to fitness training