Simplefit.org • View topic - DonQuijote's log

DonQuijote's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Postby DonQuijote » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:05 am

Ruli wrote:
DonQuijote wrote:I think if I tried a proper pullup I'd be back on L1 for weeks!

that's my thinking as well, but u must remember - pull-ups is the real thing and you must strive to that.

I tried a couple last night, that's when I realised I'd be back to L1! If the bar wasn't so ugly then I'd leave it up all the time (not sure my wife would approve though).

I hope your elbow gets better soon, I know how frustrating injuries can be.
DonQuijote
Advanced Member

Postby brichm01 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:24 am

As Ruli says, a pull-up is the real thing. People have different opinions but I stayed at level one until I could do a real pull-up. And yes, I was there for almost two months.
Keep working towards the real pull-up. I used an exercise ball for two months. Put it under your feet and shins. Eventually, you'll be pulling yourself off the ball and not using your feet.
brichm01
Advanced Member

Postby DonQuijote » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:12 am

Thanks brichm01.

I'm keen to do SF the 'proper' way so will try to include the correct pull-up. The reason I used the neutral grip was that the squats and pull-ups were coming along far more easily and I wanted a more consistent development on all levels.

I could always develop my own levels which increases pushups and squats while maintaining fewer pull-ups, but I think I'd prefer to move up the levels and just try to incorporate more and more proper pullups each time.

Just my personal preference but I'd be interested to know what others think (especially if someone can explain the benefit of a proper pull-up over a neutral grip).
DonQuijote
Advanced Member

Postby DonQuijote » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:11 pm

DonQuijote wrote:D3's going to be tough - I think 6-7 minutes is a fair target (and yes I'm aware that putting a guess down could be hugely embarrassing when it comes to posting my actual result!).

L3D3: 6:34

Pullups were really bad this morning, took ages.
Pressups, after 25, got painful
Squats, fine.

So much room for improvement. Bring it on!
DonQuijote
Advanced Member

Postby DonQuijote » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:07 am

DonQuijote wrote:So much room for improvement. Bring it on!

Despite my enthusiasm I haven't had much time.

11-12 hr days in the office are taking their toll so much so that I'm too tire to get up at 6am, and getting home at 8pm means it's time for dinner!

Anyone got any tips for motivations/fitting in a workout (no "change jobs" answers please, I like my job!)
DonQuijote
Advanced Member

Postby Ghokun » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:01 am

Hang a poster like this to your room or your office. I have got one in my house and it really helps
Ghokun

Postby ianjb » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:49 pm

I find push up or squat or mixed tabatas to be helpful.They take only 4 minutes, are easy to count (just need a second hand clock) and easy to see progress.
ianjb

Postby DonQuijote » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:24 am

I've signed up for British Military Fitness (http://www.britmilfit.com)!

Nothing like soldiers shouting at you to make sure you do a proper workout.

All I can say is the pain the next day was quite something! Looking forward to the next sesssion.
DonQuijote
Advanced Member

Postby DonQuijote » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:08 pm

This is working well for me. The normal sessions usually include pyramid workouts (7 reps, jog to tree and back, 6 reps, jog etc etc) of pushups, burpees, situps, crunches etc.

They do a running club as well which is some pretty intense interval training. Quote "if you can talk at the end of this, you haven't done it properly and we'll do it again"!
DonQuijote
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to workouts