Simplefit.org • View topic - workout speed

workout speed

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

workout speed

Postby lightthievesall » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:55 pm

I just started Simplefit this week and I'm curious about how fast I should be doing reps. I do my push-ups and squats quite slowly since I really feel them that way, but it results in fewer sets, especially on day 1. Should I be shooting for good form and slow reps, or a bunch of sets as quickly as possible? Which is more beneficial? I only ask because my 19 rounds of L2D1 seems pretty low compared to the other folks doing Simplefit, and that's due to the speed at which I do the exercises, not rest time or inability to complete more sets.
lightthievesall

Postby Neilfenstein » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:55 am

I was under the impression that you should be aiming for around 20 if you are way off over or under may mean you are on an incorrect level. It seems like you are fine where you are.

As far as speed is concerned, I am no expert but I find the push ups and squats I perform are at a slowish pace focusing of form. On D3 I go as fast as I can with good form. As I use 3 x negatives as substitutes for pull ups I try to do them as slow as I can and normally a bit faster on D3.

Hope this helps.
Neilfenstein

Postby Tryhoster » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:30 am

1 minute per rep in D1 is ok,

you can work on small improments, when you are at ~26+ you usually can do D3 under 5mins

(personal experience of me and others on the forum)

The 30+ reps you see on the forum or the log comparer are the reps of those doing the rest week with a level much lower than theirs
Tryhoster

Return to fitness training