Simplefit.org • View topic - chin ups or pull ups?

chin ups or pull ups?

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

chin ups or pull ups?

Postby vooweevoo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:33 am

I was wondering if it would be ok to interchange between chin ups and pull ups? I know they're working different muscles, and not sure if chin ups complement this as well as pull ups? Also, I posted my log and currently working in this routine with my normal work out and have a 3days on, 1 rest 3 days on etc working in 3 regular weight routines with simplefit - is this pushing it too much? My regular weight routine isn't all that rigorous, a little over an hour each day working different muscle sets.
vooweevoo

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:38 pm

Yes, in fact switching grips is encouraged also do wide, narrow, put a towel over the bar, and use that even try using a thinker bar will make things harder on the grip. Same thing with push ups vary the width of your hands and the elevation of your feet. Another awesome thing you can do is use rings. I personally use rings for push ups pull ups dips and many other they are intense.
http://ringtraining.com/images/exercisecollage.jpg

Just be sure you give yourself adequate recovery time. Liston to your joints, nothing worse than making taking two steps forward only to need to go back 3 to wait for tendinitis to heal.

Cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cipe » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:47 pm

As a suggestion how often do you think we should switch up grips? I know if I do wide armed pullups I do alot less or closed hand push ups. Should we keep them for a whole week or just one training session?
Cipe

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:51 pm

whatever works for you, allot of people switch grips between sets, others alternate days.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cipe » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:53 pm

Admin wrote: allot of people switch grips between sets

Haha, that didnt even cross my mind. I think I may try this out as I gett a little more use to the workouts.
Cipe

Return to fitness training