Simplefit.org • View topic - Im new and I have a question

Im new and I have a question

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

Im new and I have a question

Postby kingofbigmac » Sun May 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Well I will start off and say Hi!

I have been overweight since the 5th grade. My parents got a divorce and I stayed with my mom. My dad was in the Marines and love sports so we would always go out and play with him and he loves to cook so he would cook us nice meals. My mom is laid back do what you want stay out of trouble kind of person. Being a kid we love video games so I would stay inside all day and play video games. My mom doesnt like to cook and think she is bad at it so we ate a lot of McDonalds. My parents did get back together but that was 7 years too late.

(This forum should have an introduction area)

I am 6'2 and weight 270. My goal weight is 220 and I will see how it goes from there. I have a big build, I call it a caveman body type. My main problem area is my stomach and a bit of flap under the arms. I don't have anything I can do pull ups on so I am going to find a rope and wrap that around the door frame and at an angle just pull myself towards the door for a substitute.

I think I am going to start off on Level 2 and this is my question I have.

Day 1: max rounds in 20 min
    Day 2: 5 rounds for time
    Day 3: for time

I am assuming max rounds is how many times I can do each one in 20 minutes. Now Day 2 5 rounds for time. What does that mean. For time?

Thanks for reading but I would feel better if I explained myself and who I am just to think back and push myself .
kingofbigmac

Postby cheapo » Sun May 16, 2010 2:45 pm

"for time" means you do the exercises as fast as you can, ie. For the best time.

Check this thread for my rundown of the whole SF program.
Last edited by cheapo on Sun May 16, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cheapo

Postby kingofbigmac » Sun May 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Thanks so much! It cleared up everything! I am going to crank up some music and do work!
kingofbigmac

Postby Admin » Mon May 17, 2010 7:32 am

start at level one to avoid injury, you are a big dude so slow and steady wins the race.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Im new and I have a question

Postby cheapo » Mon May 17, 2010 8:04 am

kingofbigmac wrote:Thanks for reading but I would feel better if I explained myself and who I am just to think back and push myself .

Always a good idea.
Welcome aboard!

Take a few pictures of yourself too, they can really help you see your progress and, as such, can be very motivational.
cheapo

Postby kingofbigmac » Mon May 17, 2010 9:31 am

Take a few pictures of yourself too, they can really help you see your progress and, as such, can be very motivational.

I will take some pictures as well. Not to sure I will post them on the internet. I am not to happy with the way my body looks but I am going to change that.

start at level one to avoid injury, you are a big dude so slow and steady wins the race.

I already did level 2. I was dripping with so much sweat and I really needed it to kick my ass into gear.

I could only do 1 horizonal pull up. (I have nothing hear to do a pull up with plus I can't even do 1. I need to right the horizontal thing better. It didn't feel safe)

I did 16 sets of 2 girl push ups.

I did 30 sets of 3 squats and my thighs are killing me.

this day will be a resting day of course, My shoulders, and thighs hurt and I still have to bike to work so this should be a fun bike ride. Thanks for your words both of you guys. :)
kingofbigmac

Return to fitness community