Simplefit.org • View topic - Mickey's log

Mickey's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Postby visionteacher » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:42 pm

Alright, recruited my buddy Mike into Simplefit tonight. Not sure if he'll keep going or not, but it was good having someone there to count when my brain was melting. I'm pretty sure I did more than 18 last week, since this week I did 34 sets. Well, I was in my squats on 34, had 3 more to go, so it was 20 minutes 10 seconds to complete. Still beat, looking forward to Wednesday and actually taking those 3 minute breaks. Mike did excellent also, hopefully he'll keep going.

~Mickey
visionteacher

L2D2

Postby visionteacher » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Week 2 of Simplefit, L2D2 4:37 Mike did 4:47, I'll just keep his log here unless he wants to start keeping his own. Actually followed the instructions this time and took 3 minute rests or thereabouts. Was a much easier workout than Monday workouts :-)
visionteacher

Postby cheapo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:21 pm

visionteacher wrote:Alright, recruited my buddy Mike into Simplefit tonight.

AWSM.
cheapo

Onto Level 3!

Postby visionteacher » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:51 pm

4:26 those last pull ups are the WORST. Mike did 2:58, we both had pull up problems, but he can smoke through push ups which picked him up some extra time. I can run through the squats pretty quick, thank god, if it wasn't for the squats I wouldn't have made it. Pull ups and pushups were rough... Level 3 here we come!

~Mickey
visionteacher

Postby visionteacher » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Week 3, L3D1 20 rounds

Didn't do my D1 till this morning, Mike pussed out on me for D1 because he drank too much on Sunday night. Loser. :-) I think he's afraid of D1... Hopefully he'll be back for D2 though, which even though I did my D1 this morning, I plan to do D2 tomorrow to stay on track, I'll do it tomorrow evening though so it should be some decent rest. I'm not thinking I'll level this week anyway.

There was a significant increase in difficulty for level 3 on the pull ups. Push ups and squats were not a problem at all, but those pull ups are going to be my Achilles heal for awhile I think. The last 5 rounds had some pretty crappy pull ups, I have to be honest, but I did them anyway and did the rest of the round because I didn't want to cheat myself on the pushups and squats. I hope I did that right... Its still kind of impressive to think that I did 40 pull ups today, I've never done that many pull ups in one day in my life. Even if the last 5 or so of them sucked...

~Mickey
visionteacher

Week 3 L3 Day 2

Postby visionteacher » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Did Day 2 today to get back on track with the week. 4:23 total for L3D2, not too shabby. Mike rejoined today, and so did my wife. Mike did L3D1 and did 26 rounds. Melissa started L1D1 with body rows under a bench press bar, and modified pushups, she did 37 rounds. Mike and Melissa will do there D2 Friday morning, and then we'll all test on Saturday. Hopefully.
visionteacher

Postby visionteacher » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:19 pm

Mike did his week 2, L3D2 today, right after doing D1 yesterday. We're going to test on Saturday, he reports it being a lot harder to do back to back. Time, 4:46.
visionteacher

Re: Mickey's log

Postby visionteacher » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Ok didn't update on L3D3 last week. I did 5:22, so close!! Mike did 3:43 and moved to level 4, bastard. :-) Melissa did 4:17 at L1 but decided to do L1 another week.

Week 4 I'm gonna hit it this week again and we'll all take a rest week next week.

L3D1 22 +2 pull ups, Mike did 25 at L4, Melissa did 32 at L1

Recruited two more into SImplefit, Wendy and Jasun, I'll post their times soon, we're all meeting on Fridays to have a leveling party and a feast after. Its too much to all 5 of us do simplefit in the same house, don't have enough door jams :-) Seeya Wednesday!
visionteacher

Postby visionteacher » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:34 pm

Alrighty, so here's week 4 for me, L3D2 stats:
Mickey
3:47
Mike
L4D2 4:48
Melissa
L1D2 3:43

Mickey L3D3
4:25 onto level 4!!
Mike L4D3
4:53 onto level 5!! *Mike sucks, I'll catch him soon though :-)*
Melissa L1D3
3:28 she says she's going to move up to level 2 and "cheat" on pushups and pullups until level 5 or so, then go back to level 1 no cheating, we'll see what happens as she progresses. I'm proud of her.

Next week the 3 of us are going to take our rest week.
visionteacher

Postby cheapo » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:15 am

Where do you three work out? All in the same room?
cheapo

Postby visionteacher » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Yep, we swap out between Melissa and I's house and Mike's house. We both have the door gym style pull up bar. The other two that are doing it are doing so on their own, and we're going to try to get together on Friday's for a leveling up party/dinner together just to make it more fun. It makes it fun for encouraging each other along, and I definitely push harder with a little competition involved. Adding any other people to the party would make it take a good bit longer though, especially on Monday's since 20 minutes a person starts adding up. We'd have to add another pull up bar to the mix!
visionteacher

Week 6

Postby visionteacher » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:18 am

Took a rest week last week, all 3 of us did to get on the same plan.

Mickey L4D1
22 rounds
Mike L5D1
18 rounds
Melissa L2D1 *modified*
27 rounds

We are so regimented with staying on this that we brought a friend from out of town over to Mike's last night. She's a yoga instructor and did L1D1 too! Pretty funny. She did a good job, and it was very enjoyable watching her do the squats... Glad my wife doesn't read this :-P Whoops, just got a shoulder punch, guess she does.

I'm leaving to go to Arkansas this week, I'm hoping the hotel has a pull up bar. I don't think i want to bring mine, it messes up the door jam a bit, compressing the wood of the molding.

~Mickey
visionteacher

Postby visionteacher » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:34 pm

WOOT! Onto level 5, did 4:26 this week on level 4. Last week it was 5:20 seconds, and the week before that it was 6:20 seconds. Now, I'll probably sit on level 5 for a while. Melissa moved up to level 4, she's debating on going down a level and removing a resistance band, or to continue climbing up with the bands on. Either way she's working out... Mike is still in the game too, he's been at level 5 for a few weeks now, but is getting better. Did 7 minutes and some change yesterday, not sure of exact number, we didn't do it together this week

Question: Our last rest week was the week of July 11th-17th. Should we take a rest week this coming week, like tomorrow, or wait until the following week? I'm not sure on the pacing. Thanks!!

~Mickey
visionteacher

Previous

Return to workouts