Simplefit.org • View topic - Introduction

Introduction

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

Introduction

Postby samjackson » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:25 pm

I've been posting in the forums so I thought it was about time to introduce myself.

I'm 47 years old, 5'10", 220lbs (100Kg). I figure I am 40 to 50 lbs. overweight. But I am healthy w/ a resting BP of 120/80.

I have a long history of physical fitness (collegiate rower, Jersey Shore lifeguard (or as I like to say, professional girl watcher)). I've worked as a paid firefighter/EMT and have been lifting, running and rowing, intermittantly, for many years.

I currently sit at a desk all day, working for a major pharmaceutical company here in New Jersey, USA. I have time to surf the net and in my wanderings discovered crossfit.com, and quite recently, simplefit.org.

From my rowing days, spending hours during the winter doing weighted interval training, rowing intense short intervals in the tank or on the erg, and running stadium steps, I know this type of training works and works well.

I see the simplefit workouts as a way to get back, to some degree, to the levels of fitness I enjoyed during my 20s, 30s, and early 40s. I know the crossfit WOD is too much too soon so I'm starting here, taking "baby steps" so to speak.

I have accumulated a lot of equipment over the years and could probably open my own simplefit/crossfit gym. I call it having more dollars than sense. In any case, it is easier for me to integrate other elements of crossfit into the simplefit program when I feel I'm ready.

Thats enough for now. As you can see, I'm a man of few words.
Last edited by samjackson on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samjackson
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:41 pm

Great to have you here!
Admin
Site Admin

Return to fitness community