Simplefit.org • View topic - Nitro's log

Nitro's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Nitro's log

Postby inspector_yoo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:56 pm

About myself: 24, 5'8, 157 pounds

When I was in high school I did karate and muay thai. Skinny dude. I wanted to be the modern Jean Claude Van Damme.
Then in college I got into weight lifting because I couldn't make it to kickboxing anymore. During that period, I bulked up to 190 pounds mostly muscle.
After college I missed contact sports so my friend got me into boxing and got back down to "fighting shape". Been doing that for about 18 months.

Recently, I got a job in South Korea teaching English and will probably not be willing to spend money on a gym because I would like to continue in a boxing gym. Two gym memberships are out of my budget.
At the boxing gym, I wanted to focus strictly on boxing so I was looking for an intense home workout program without weights that I could continue to do. I'm not looking for maintenance but a program that will actually make me see gains so I fell onto this site.

Before I get into the rhythm of things, I decided to sample a workout and go with the hardest level so that I could find my level.

Current Results
Level 8, Day 1: 16 rounds

Comments: Out of breath...my pace was pretty slow in the beginning. I forgot how short 20 minutes is. I can definitely feel my heavy lunch today. The style is similar to circuit training in boxing. I think 20 rounds for Level 8, Day 1 would be a great goal. I only read a few people's logs so I'm not quite sure how good I did. I think it's unfair to compare most logs because most people are trying to get back in shape while I consider myself already in shape and am trying to further advance it.
inspector_yoo

Re: Nitro's log

Postby inspector_yoo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Just to be safe, the workout I did was:

max rounds in 20 min
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 squats
inspector_yoo

Postby inspector_yoo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:32 pm

Today I continued my sample with Level 8, Day 2:

Round 1- 1:46
Round 2- 1:56
Round 3- 2:03
Round 4- 2:14
Round 5- 2:22
Total time- 10:21

Comments: Disappointed. I've never really been one to be able to finish workouts fast though. It was much more difficult than I thought it was gonna be. However, a realistic goal would be able to do all the rounds under 2 minutes with minimal rest. Speaking of rest, in between the first and second round I rested maybe ten seconds but as the rounds grew further, the rest time started to increase. I think I had to rest maybe 3 minutes in between the final rounds which is way too long. However, it do think I can push a little harder once I get into the rhythm of things. Went around 85%-90% and tried to focus a lot on form. Turns out, I did not follow instructions...

I'd love to see some level 8 results so I can actually see how bad I'm doing. Lol. Extra motivation.

Just to be safe:

5 rounds for time
10 pull-ups
30 push-ups
50 squats
Last edited by inspector_yoo on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inspector_yoo

Postby inspector_yoo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:47 pm

Totally failed to read this:
See how quickly you can complete each of the 5 rounds, resting approximately 3 minutes between each round. Do not count the rest time in your total time.

I assumed we were supposed to finish the 5 rounds as soon as possible and record the time. Oops. Knowing now that I'm supposed to rest 3 minutes in between EVERY round, I think a 9 minute goal total time should be realistic for me. Once again, I'm not sure if that's good or not but I think it's a realistic goal.
inspector_yoo

Return to workouts