Simplefit.org • View topic - Tide's log

Tide's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Tide's log

Postby Tide » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:31 am

Hello! I came across this on Mark's Daily Apple forum. I've been doing something similar for the past few weeks but I like the community aspect of this site. Lots of great info!

I just recently purchased a pull up bar and I can do ZERO :oops: . But, that's okay, because I'm doing this to build up my strength. It's always been a goal of mine to build my upper body strength.

Tonight I did L1D1. I used a chair to assist with pull ups (3 subs = 1 pull up). Push ups were done on my knees and I'm fine with the squats, I've got pretty strong legs.

15 sets completed in 20 minutes. Certainly a number that I can work on as I continue this. I'm going to be sore tomorrow :)
Tide

Re: Tide's log

Postby Tide » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:54 am

Definitely sore today, but in a good way. Looking forward to tomorrow with my 5 rounds for time.
Tide

Postby Tide » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:51 pm

L1D2 5 rounds @ 3 min 52 sec.

2 pull ups (6 chair sub)
6 push ups (knees)
10 squats

Rounds were done this morning during my fast. Surprisingly, I had the energy for this as I usually work out at night when I get home from work. Then again, it is Saturday morning, so the prospect of no work would explain my energized nature...

I'm pooped :?

I may do some sprints tomorrow and push L1D3 for Tuesday to give myself some recovery time. Or I may just enjoy my weekend and bask in some lazingess and do D3 on Monday. I'm really enjoying this :)
Tide

Postby Tide » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:22 am

L1D3 for time 5 min 03 sec

10 pull ups (30 chair sub)
21 push ups (knees)
21 squats

My heart is PUMPING :shock: ! I'm frickin' tired but that felt good. I think I'll need to stick at level 1 for a bit. I don't think there is anyway I can progress to higher levels considering all the sub pullups and knee push ups I have to do. I could barely get through today.

It's certainly an eye opener as to how out of shape I am. I'm slender and I look strong, but I'm a kitten... A couple of days rest and back at it!
Tide

Postby cheapo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:22 am

Well done!
cheapo

Return to workouts