Simplefit.org • View topic - New here, I've got a question!

New here, I've got a question!

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

New here, I've got a question!

Postby AAmor » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:42 am

The question has to do with the workouts. Of course I plan to start at level 1, but I'm a bit confused. For day 1 it says 1 pull-up, 2 push-ups, and 3 squats. Max rounds for 20 minutes. Does this mean that I'm supposed to do 1 pull-up, then 2 push-ups, then 3 squats and repeat for 20 minutes? If this is so, how much rest should I put between rounds?

Going off what I think I understand are the instructions, day 2 states 2 pull-ups, 6 push-ups, and 10 squats. 5 rounds for time. I take this as there's no set time as long as I go 5 rounds?

And finally day 3. 10 pull-ups, 21 push-ups, and 21 squats. And it just says for time. Does this mean to just do one round of these?

I guess I should provide a bit of information about myself at this point. I'm 23 years old, depending on what doctor I'm seeing I'm either 5'11" or 6'0", and I weigh as of right now 262.9lb(119.2kg). My goal is 190lb(86kg) but I don't know how realistic that is for my frame, so I'd settle for 200lb(91kg).
AAmor

Re: New here, I've got a question!

Postby tmech » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi! Welcome to SF -- you're gonna love it!

D1 is exactly as you describe, max rounds in 20 minutes. So just keep going at whatever pace you can manage. If you need to rest a bit, rest a bit. But keep going.

D2, Almost! So the plan is to do one round and then rest for 3/3.5 minutes, then the next round, then a rest for 3 minutes, and so on, until you've done all five rounds. Don't time your rests, just the actual exercise time. So my D2's usually take about 20 minutes to do my 5 rounds, with about 6 minutes of actual exercise in there. Yeah, I end up hitting start/pause on my timer 10 times.

D3, Yep just the one round. So pull-ups first, then push-ups, then squats. Rest if you need to rest, and time the whole thing including any rest breaks. When I start a new level I tend to be somewhere between 7 and 10 minutes for the first D3, but it comes down fast.

You lucky 23 year olds .. you'll be up on level 8 before you know it! ;)
tmech

Postby cheapo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:47 pm

AAmor wrote:I guess I should provide a bit of information about myself at this point. I'm 23 years old, depending on what doctor I'm seeing I'm either 5'11" or 6'0", and I weigh as of right now 262.9lb(119.2kg). My goal is 190lb(86kg) but I don't know how realistic that is for my frame, so I'd settle for 200lb(91kg).

That is a serious and exciting goal. You are aiming for a major change! You won't get there without managing your nutrition. Consider the diet outlined on this site, or head over to Mark's Daily Apple for a great community living by Mark Sisson's "Primal Blueprint."
cheapo

Postby AAmor » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:30 am

tmech wrote:Hi! Welcome to SF -- you're gonna love it!

D1 is exactly as you describe, max rounds in 20 minutes. So just keep going at whatever pace you can manage. If you need to rest a bit, rest a bit. But keep going.

D2, Almost! So the plan is to do one round and then rest for 3/3.5 minutes, then the next round, then a rest for 3 minutes, and so on, until you've done all five rounds. Don't time your rests, just the actual exercise time. So my D2's usually take about 20 minutes to do my 5 rounds, with about 6 minutes of actual exercise in there. Yeah, I end up hitting start/pause on my timer 10 times.

D3, Yep just the one round. So pull-ups first, then push-ups, then squats. Rest if you need to rest, and time the whole thing including any rest breaks. When I start a new level I tend to be somewhere between 7 and 10 minutes for the first D3, but it comes down fast.

You lucky 23 year olds .. you'll be up on level 8 before you know it! ;)

Thanks for clearing that up for me! Also, sorry for the late reply, school keeps me a bit busy.

cheapo wrote:
AAmor wrote:I guess I should provide a bit of information about myself at this point. I'm 23 years old, depending on what doctor I'm seeing I'm either 5'11" or 6'0", and I weigh as of right now 262.9lb(119.2kg). My goal is 190lb(86kg) but I don't know how realistic that is for my frame, so I'd settle for 200lb(91kg).

That is a serious and exciting goal. You are aiming for a major change! You won't get there without managing your nutrition. Consider the diet outlined on this site, or head over to Mark's Daily Apple for a great community living by Mark Sisson's "Primal Blueprint."

Thanks for the extra info.
AAmor

Return to fitness training