• View topic - Worst Headache EVER!!!! Any help?

Worst Headache EVER!!!! Any help?

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

Worst Headache EVER!!!! Any help?

Postby lttl_grimmy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:27 am

Today while doing the level eight, day one workout I experienced the worst headache I have ever had. I have had exertion headaches before, but nothing like this. It hit all of a sudden with about 8 and a half minutes left in my 20 min time period. I assumed it was just an exertion headache and slowed down, focused on my breathing and kept pushing. It was just a mild throb while dong the pull-ups and squats, however as soon as I would get down to do push-ups the pain would intensify to something I have never felt. The pain would start at the base of my head and work up the back and throughout my head. With about 7 and half minuted left I had to call it, the pain was just too unbearable. I immediately took a Motrin 800. It has been about 45 minutes and am just now started to be able to handle the throbbing pain. I am 29 year old male with good blood pressure. Anybody out there experienced this same thing or have any ideas as to what I need to do.

Re: Worst Headache EVER!!!! Any help?

Postby lttl_grimmy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:28 am

Thanks for any suggestions that may be offered. They are greatly appreciated.

Postby iamme » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:19 pm

Go see your doctor.

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:26 am

yes go see your doctor and stop working out
Site Admin

Postby Bri3626 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:47 am

I agree. There are serious and deadly conditions with "worst headache" ever. You need to see a physician to rule that stuff out. I'm a physician assistant so take heed please.

Postby Geomod » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:25 pm

You should definitely see a doctor. When I was in middle school, probably around 14 I suffered my first acute confusional migraine. This was due to over exertion and no food intake that day. The migraine put me in the hospital for two days. I don't remember anything that happened while I was in the hospital. Apparently I was in what doctors call an altered state (probably due to pain). I was combative, and it took four security guards at the hospital to subdue me and strap me to a gurney. This is all second hand knowledge considering I have no memory of this. My symptoms started with a blurring of my vision, inability to read, and progressed to a numbness up the right side of my body including my mouth, soon I had a splitting headache, after that I don't remember anything. I "woke up" (remember i was fully conscious I just don't remember anything) two days later with a catheter in, laying in a hospital bed, in the intensive care unit. Turns out I had this acute confusional migraine, the confusional part meaning i was wacked out of my head out don't remember anything. It's still a mystery as to what definitely triggers these for me but a sure fire way for me to have one is if i exercise heavily on no food. I've learned to deal with them and always always am properly nourished before I workout now. It's not only exercise that triggers these migraines, sometimes it can be during times of extreme stress, but the symptoms are the same. Loss of vision, right half of body numbness and splitting pain. I've never had one quite as intense as the first i.e. put me in an altered state and end up in the hospital but it does put me out of commission for a day or two. I usually have the misfortune of getting one of these migraines roughly every 18 months for some reason or another.

I guess this is a really long way of saying don't disregard your headaches! Your body is trying to tell you something and you should pay attention to it.

Return to fitness community