One more Newbie question

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

Bubs

One more Newbie question

Post by Bubs » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Just starting this program and was wondering if I should stay on level 1 until I can complete the pullups unassisted? Should I move on even if I can't do them unassisted and knowing that eventually I will be able to complete an honest to goodness pullup. Currently I can only do pullups by assisting myself with 1 leg on a bench.

Bri3626

Re: One more Newbie question

Post by Bri3626 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:37 am

personally I would continue to level up until you actually start completing unassisted pullups then begin with level one. Everytime you do the pullups however I would put a solid effort to do a pullup each time without cheating then complete the cheating pullup. Its kind of a pain in the ass but your strength and endurance gains will improve. You might try body rows, jumping pullups, negatives, etc. in addition to the 1 leg assisted pullup.

Bubs

Re: One more Newbie question

Post by Bubs » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Thanks for the reply,

I have been mixing the negatives in with trying to complete a pull up. I do feel i am getting stronger but probably won't make great strides until I can get some weight off too. I've got to do L1D2 but have a sore neck so i'm waiting for that to get better. Would trying Kipping style pullups help me too or should I just try and do the dead hang pull up? How about chin ups? Do chin ups help with the training for pull ups?