Simplefit.org • View topic - Level 1 Question

Level 1 Question

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

Level 1 Question

Postby ansitter1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:23 am

Hi! I just started simple fit, I'm 34 years old, mother of three. I am embarrassed to say that I cant do full military push ups in good form, nor can I do a pull-up. So I am modifying by doing as many military push ups as I can in good form and then switching to modified (girlie) push ups. I have pull-up rings in my basement and doing modfied pull-ups with my legs under me on a box and using if needed. My question is, should I stay on level 1 until I can complete it with full military push-ups and unassisted pull-ups?

34, female
5'11"
169 pounds
Goal: to get stronger and leaner

Thanks!

Andrea
ansitter1

Re: Level 1 Question

Postby Bri3626 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:10 am

Hi Andrea and welcome!

I would recommend a couple things. With your modifications I would progress through the levels just as if you are doing the workout as prescribed. Once you get a few weeks into it I would start off each workout by attempting a regular pullup and a regular pushup. Then do your workout. Once you achieve a regular pullup and regular pushup every workout for a week or so go back to level one doing the program as prescribed.

I would change the way your doing the modified pullups though. Try Body rows and see how that works. It seems that a progression to a regular pullup is quicker that way. Basically your heels would be on the box, your body extended and your hanging from the rings (picture yourself laying on your back on the floor reaching up to grab the rings). Then you pull your body so your chest would essentially touch the rings.
Bri3626

Postby cheapo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:37 am

Welcome aboard! Bri's advice is spot-on.
cheapo

Postby ansitter1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Thanks so much, I will give it a try!
ansitter1

Return to Fitness Goals