• View topic - Skipping meals, not hungry.

Skipping meals, not hungry.

Natural Nutrition

Moderator: cheapo

Skipping meals, not hungry.

Postby flutterby » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:26 pm

Hey, I know this maybe should be a good thing and really is nothing short of miraculous considering the way I related to food just a few short weeks ago... but here's the thing.

I am simply not hungry. Hardly ever. My meal time comes and goes and I don't even think to eat, or I sit down to eat and can barely feel like putting a bite into my mouth. What's up with that? Is it the magic of Intermittent Fasting? Is it the Paleo food -- no starch, no sugar, etc.??? Or am I doing something wrong?

Should I be forcing myself to eat? Am I trying to fit too many small meals into my "window"? (4-5; three small meals and one or two snacks)

Or should I just kneel and thank the good Lord above that I'm not a slave to food anymore?

Postby Sith » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:16 am

Keep track of what you eat and try to eat the same amount each day even if you're not hungry but know you should be eating. I bought a $7 kitchen scale from Walmart and am going to make a spreadsheet with drop down menus and facts per serving to keep track of everything.

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:40 pm

Strict compliance to IF, Paleo and exercise usually provides a drastic reduction in apatite, congrats you are no longer a sugar junky!

If you eat lots of refined carbs for a few days your apatite will come back with a vengeance ;)
More details here

Great Job, sounds like you are doing it all right!
Site Admin

Postby Sith » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:45 pm

True that. Monday and Tuesday this week I was soooo hungry, but i knew it was from all the carbs I had at Easter. Today wasn't bad at all and I bet tomorrow I won't even notice a difference.

Return to Nutrition