Simplefit.org • View topic - IF Question

IF Question

Natural Nutrition

Moderator: cheapo

IF Question

Postby Jay » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:59 am

First, thanks for this fantastic site and all the helpful information. I love your simple workout plan.

I have somewhat been eating a low carb diet but, am interested in trying your nutrition plan. Skipping breakfast is not a problem but, due to my strange schedule my other meal times are at noon and 8:00 pm. That will give me a shorter fasting period. Do you think it will still work and have health benifits? One option is for me to eat low carb at the noon meal (meat and veggies) and regular at night. Any thoughts?
Jay

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:12 am

Give it a shot and see how you feel this is pretty new stuff and there is allot of variance from person to person so it is hard to tell. The tell tail signs that if is working are stabilized blood sugar (usually seen as more consistent energy and concentration) and reduced apatite. Usually a 4-6 hr window is recommended but who knows what will work for you just try. Also instead of low carb I like to think high quality carb ie fiber/nutrient dense low gl/gi fruits and vegi's.

Welcome!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jay » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:25 am

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try using your suggestions.
Jay

Postby Cayenne » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:15 pm

Jay wrote:Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try using your suggestions.

Jay,

Best wishes for success.

You may wish to download the free book at www.fast-5.com. Even if you tailor it to your individual particulars, you may find some of the ideas helpful in forming your approach. For example, Dr. Herring's discussion of "limbic" vs. "somatic" hunger was very helpful to me. (ie; distinguishing the sensation of an empty tummy from the "programmed" drive to eat, especially at certain times and amounts. )

I would also note, Dr. Herring is "O.K." with things like diet soda, etc., whereas I and others avoid aspartame. My point here, is that while the key feature of the program, timing, is well stated, nutritional quality is not given emphasis.

All the best,

Eddie
Cayenne

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:12 pm

Agreed, the more you concentrate on food quality the better your results, the insulin regulating effects of IF will give you a little more latitude but over all keep it clean as possible.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jay » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:58 am

Thank you both for the replies. I've been reading over the Fast 5 e book and kind of trying it. I've pushed my first meal back to one and will gradually move it later. I was a little scared of it at first but, have felt pretty good. The hardest part for me is that I eat lunch with a couple good friends at work. I'm going to try going with them to socialize but not eat. I'm not sure if I will be strong enough for that though. Also, I will take your advice and try to stick with whole natural foods.
Jay

Return to Nutrition