Day 2: 5:28
Day 3: 7:56

Week 2 Level 1
Day 1: 18 rounds

--------------------------------------------------------
Introduction:

Thanks Kevin for a cool site!

27 y/o Male 238lbs
Body Fat is about 36% according to my scale.

In highschool I used to march drumline and weighed about 175. Every day after practice we would hit Taco Bell... the problem was that after highschool ended and the marching with a 25lb drum every day ended, the Taco Bell unfortunately didn't.
I'm also a systems administrator these days so the sitting down at a computer all day doesn't help.

I just started this today and since I'm VERY out of shape I decided to start off at level 1. I'm doing Level 1 M, W, and F, and on T and Th I'll continue what I had been doing for the last two months, which was walking on the treadmill for 30min a day.

L1D1 14 rounds with assisted pull-ups

Pull-ups were very hard but I hope to get better at them.
I'm also looking at ordering a "Door Gym" from Amazon so that I can do my workouts inside instead of using the makeshift pull-up bar I created outside.
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Fitness- ... B00029A7C0

I'm open to any advice I can get about either what I'm doing wrong, or what I'm doing right!

Thanks!
Last edited by loginname on Tue May 08, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
loginname

Postby jcarroll11 » Tue May 01, 2007 3:10 am

the first thing you are doing right, is doing this program. its the first step towards a new life of feeling good mentally and physically. you will see the difference in a few short weeks. stick it out.

have you looked into the zone diet yet? if not, it is well worth it for you to. it is so simple. give it 2 weeks and see how you feel. i used to be a napper, now i find it hard to nap because i have the energy. plus, if you follow it, you can loose the weight the right way, not too fast and not too slow. i am down 15lbs in 2 mos and i don't miss it :lol:
jcarroll11

Postby Admin » Tue May 01, 2007 5:44 am

Welcome loginname!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby loginname » Wed May 02, 2007 6:10 am

Well, L1D2 has arrived, but I have a question before I workout this evening.
What do you recommend I do if I still feel way too sore from Monday?
The front of my thighs and the sides of my chest still hurt pretty bad from Monday's workout.

I did stretch before and after Monday's workout, but perhaps I didn't stretch correctly or stretch enough.

jcarroll11: I looked into the Zone diet, but I'm horrible when it comes to diets. I'm much better I find at just making healthier food choices or eating smaller portions than reading all the labels and measuring my intake constantly. I would have a hard time monitoring every gram of fat, protein, or carbs I take in. Thanks for letting me know about it though!
loginname

Postby Admin » Wed May 02, 2007 6:29 am

You can rest maybe take an Epsom salt bath or you can workout. I often find the soreness is much less after another workout. I recently started doing more one legged squats and was really sore but after the next workout I barley noticed it.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby loginname » Wed May 02, 2007 7:09 am

True, I think you are right. Probably working out would help lessen the soreness.
I took two hot baths yesterday to try and help it, but I find walking and stretching tends to help more, so I guess I'll go for the workout and hope that the soreness gets less and less.

Thanks!
loginname

Postby loginname » Wed May 02, 2007 7:14 pm

L1D2 5:28
not including the 3:00min rests between rounds.

I did assisted pull-ups and the push-ups were starting to be extremely difficult towards the end.

I'm not as sore as I thought I was going to be :)
loginname

Postby loginname » Thu May 03, 2007 11:46 am

Well, I just ordered my "Door Gym" from everythingfitness.com
http://www.everythingfitness.com/tr-ex-25.html
I managed to get it for $49 with no tax and free shipping!
loginname

Postby loginname » Sun May 06, 2007 6:24 pm

Well, I finally did L1D3.
7:56

With some severely ugly and severely assisted pull-ups.
loginname

Postby Admin » Sun May 06, 2007 6:56 pm

Admin
Site Admin

Postby loginname » Tue May 08, 2007 7:21 pm

Well, week 2 Level 1 Day 1

Went for 19:20min
Did assisted pull-ups this time but they were much nicer than last week. I used a step ladder set out about 3' from me and put my heels on it while I did my pull-ups. While Level 1 says 1 pull-up, since I was doing assisted pull-ups I did 3 at a time instead.

I managed to do 18 rounds, which is 4 more than last week! The push-ups dang near killed me this time!
loginname

Postby fitnatic » Wed May 09, 2007 4:27 am

I am very busy and I don't like to stick to diets as well but I've gone to the Crossfit site and found the Zone Diet Plan that fits my schedule and it has menus on what to eat and fix and they are easy. Just look on the Zone plan it's called Front Range and it has everything you need and you can copy it and keep it with you. I have been noticing changes in my eating habits and that I feel more energized when I workout. People ask me how I have so much energy. I have everything ready the day before and take my smootie to work and I've got a small blender and I put my protein powder in it and it takes a minute to mix everything. It's not that bad. The good thing about it is it's already measured and you don't have to think about what foods to measure or anything. It's all blocked for you. Look at it and see what you think.
fitnatic

Postby Admin » Wed May 09, 2007 7:27 am

Fitnatic read and post under http://www.simplefit.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=309 to continue, more on the zone which I think is good there

loginname, sorry to step on your thread.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby loginname » Wed May 16, 2007 11:43 am

fitnatic:
I'm guessing this is what you were talking about?
http://frontrangecrossfit.typepad.com/n ... ossfit.pdf

If so, looks neat!
loginname

Return to workouts