Simplefit.org • View topic - should pull ups be evened out with rowing

should pull ups be evened out with rowing

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

should pull ups be evened out with rowing

Postby invisiblejk » Fri May 23, 2014 11:52 pm

Here is a quote I read on the internets today, so it must be true :P . I am wondering if this is something I should be concerned about while doing SF
Quote:
One final note I should make is that the amount of chins you do should be evened out with an equal amount of rowing motion exercises (face pulls, band pull aparts, inverted rows, etc.) for the upper back.
If you don’t do that you could end up with internally rotated shoulders and a host of other problems you’d want to avoid.
- See more at: http://jasonferruggia.com/the-shocking-truth-about-chin-ups/#sthash.KpuSdKpV.dpuf
invisiblejk
Advanced Member

Re: should pull ups be evened out with rowing

Postby chongtxtx » Sat May 24, 2014 5:26 am

I wouldn't doubt that doing a lot of pull ups without some mobility work could be a problem. In my warmup that I do every time before my workout I do a lot of mobility work and foam rolling and stretching so hopefully that is helping me out. I will post my warmup when I get back on later.
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby brmc72 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Interesting article. I've got one of those door-jamb pull up bars, so I can vary the width of my grip quite a bit as well as do the neutral grip pull ups like he mentioned in the article. I like mixing it up a bit anyway as it keeps me from burning out too early.
brmc72
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Sun May 25, 2014 6:45 pm

http://phraktured.net/molding-mobility.html so I follow that mostly mixed with some foam rolling for my thoracic spine. I have a desk job so I tend to spend about 5-10 minutes just foam rolling. Hope this helps somewhat
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Return to workouts