Simplefit.org • View topic - Bec's goals

Bec's goals

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

Bec's goals

Postby aussiechick » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:18 pm

Time to get something written down.

Short term goal is to do be able to do a full deep pushup from the toes, hopefully that will be in the next few weeks.

Very long term goal is 1 full pull-up.

Probably my most important and, for me, the hardest goal is to get my eating under control, and lose 20 kg. I've been reading info here from the nutrition section and also the The Zone Diet book. I've decided to cut out all processed foods and grains and stick with basically meat, eggs, veges and some limited fruit. I'm ok with the starchy veges like potatoes, peas and corn for now and I'm thinking one piece of fruit a day, but I will cut them out after a couple of weeks if I am not losing weight. So basically its nothing that comes out of a packet. So this week I'm going to do a big cook up of a few things like savoury mince and chicken soup so that I have some ready to go meals in the freezer. We go away for 5 days on thursday so I will be ready to start with a vengence next Tuesday.

Ok there I've said it now I've just got to do it.

Bec
aussiechick

Postby Admin » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:09 pm

That sounds like a great plan, although I would cut the corn and potatoes way before the fruit. Also I am guessing you are concerned about the fructose in fruit but frutose in raw fruit is a very different animal than fructose in a soda, also fruits like berries have a great glycemic index high nutrient density and a nice fructose to glucose ratio.

Regardless of the finer point you should see amazing result within a month from eliminating grains and processed foods.

One thing that is great is to use a tape measure rather than a scale since you will be adding muscle and the amount of water in your body will fluctuate.

The average person is usually able to lose about 2.5 pounds of fat a week.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

We need a simplefit poster child
Admin
Site Admin

Postby aussiechick » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:32 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Kevin, I would love to become a simplefit poster child!

I'll take into consideration what you said about the fruit and potatoes too. My plan is try the unprocessed idea for 2 weeks and then tweak from there as necessary.
aussiechick

Postby aussiechick » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:56 pm

Ack! I've been avoiding coming back here because I haven't acheived any of my goals :oops:

Ok so I think I am doing pretty much all I can on the pushup and pullup department - my main hinderance is the extra 20kg of weight around my waist.

So its time to tackle the diet front. I am going with what I outlined above for the first couple of weeks and then I will go from there as necessary.

So tomorrow I will start my food log here, thats a promise!

Bec
aussiechick

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:32 am

Great, it will be worth the effort!
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Fitness Goals