Simplefit.org • View topic - How to measure form?

How to measure form?

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

How to measure form?

Postby Bri3626 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:36 am

Kevin,

Probably know the answers to this but I'm gonna ask anyway and make sure I'm not missing anything. I'd like to practice form for the various movements. The movements being snatch, clean, press etc. The main things is to be sure I have correct form.

The whole idea for me is to naturally progress into the Crossfit WOD and I would like to be able to jump into that with correct form. I've been studying the video's on there pretty vigorously and testing out some of the movements using a stick/broomhandle.

But, what's a good way to determine if form is correct? Video tape and compare to instruction video's on crossfit? I'm fairly sure I can correct the gross mistakes but not sure my expertise is good enough to fine tune the small stuff like minor rotations, foot placements, etc. Damn shame there isn't any crossfit trainers where I live.
Bri3626

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:00 pm

Video your form and post it to the crossfit Digital Coaching forum
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bri3626 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:02 pm

:shock:

Didn't know they had that. I thought I had researched the sight pretty throughly. Cool. Thanks

Now to go out and buy equipment to record with hehheh
Bri3626

Postby ucffool » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:07 pm

If you have a digital camera, most will take < 30 second movies onto a memory card... I have a video for my '1 month' into simplefit, failing to do a pull-up. The next video I hope will be before 3 months and I'll do a full, dead-hang, pull-up. I'll post when I have it.
ucffool

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:08 pm

Cannon digital cameras have a great video feature for the price.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to fitness training