Simplefit.org • View topic - Xtina: New motivation, new goal

Xtina: New motivation, new goal

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

Xtina: New motivation, new goal

Postby Xtina » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:43 pm

Last week, my boss sent an email to all project managers and team leaders telling us that he's planned a mandatory bonding day on his boat. This will involve bathing suits. My goal is not concrete in terms of weight or size, but I would like to look as good as possible in a bathing suit in three weeks' time. I don't set a weight or inches goal because I don't know what numbers would constitute accomplishment of what I envision. Nevertheless, that's my goal.

To accomplish this, I think next week I will step up to the next level. Now that I have rings in place this will be possible without being able to do all of the pull ups with perfect form. Here's what I'm going to do: Level 2: sub 3 ring pull ups for each recommended pull up. After the first week, if my legs can handle the new challenge, I will hold small weights in my hands while I do my squats. This should give my lower body the extra challenge that it wants without over-exerting my upper body.

What do you guys think?
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby aussiechick » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:19 am

Sounds like a plan to me!

Bec
aussiechick

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:50 am

Sounds good. One point to consider: see if a L1 is enough of a challenge with the weights added to your squats. Just a thought...

I am starting to tweak my pushups to make the L1 challenge a me a bit more while I'm still working on perfecting the pullups. I might add weight to the squats too.
volleyball_man

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:54 am

By the way - did I mention how proud I am that you didn't ditch?

Glad to see both you and aussiechick representing the women so well. I grew up with three sisters. One of them was an All-American Volleyball player. I'm not afraid of a little bit of estrogen in the gym...

Thanks Ladies!
volleyball_man

Postby Xtina » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:22 pm

Thank you for all your support! I'll give your idea about just adding weight some thought this weekend. I did think about that but wanted to accelerate my progress since my legs want it. But maybe small steps are better.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Return to Fitness Goals