Simplefit.org • View topic - Dumb question: How to get those square pectorals? [.][.]

Dumb question: How to get those square pectorals? [.][.]

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Dumb question: How to get those square pectorals? [.][.]

Postby goodluckfox » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:24 am

Like Kevin Spacey said in "American Beauty", "I want to look good naked!"

So what are the exercises that turns ones man boobs into Square Muscley Goodness? I can see a visible difference... as I've lost some fat, and been working out, there's the faintest little shadow beneath my pecs.

I think I read somewhere that abs are pretty much you have them or you don't, having more to do with your tendons that cross that area and how much body fat you have between them and the outside world.

But those pecs... or is that a hypertrophy that you won't find doing bodyweight exercises?
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:52 am

Push ups no narrow and wide also do dips
Admin
Site Admin

Postby goodluckfox » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:59 am

What do you mean by "no narrow and wide" pushups?
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:11 am

In regards to hand placement if you have you hands together making a "star" or hands under your shoulders or hands wide apart makes a difference on muscles worked.

Here is a great reference if you want to target specific muscles, although this gets into the realm of body building and can lead to imbalance thats why I really promote functional fitness.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
Admin
Site Admin

Postby demandred » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:16 am

From what I know, muscle shape is to a degree genetic. You can make your muscle fibers larger, but you cannot create fibers where they do not exist. yes, hand placement does affect muscles used. The closer your hands are together, the more your triceps are involved. The farther apart, the more you isolate your chest muscles.
demandred

Return to fitness training