Simplefit.org • View topic - Body Rows in 5 minutes

Body Rows in 5 minutes

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Re: Body Rows in 5 minutes

Postby volleyball_man » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:56 am

By Sunday I will post my number of Body Rows in 5 Minutes!

I have a WO to do on Friday so I'll try it on Saturday.

Any takers?
volleyball_man

Postby aussiechick » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:21 pm

Righto count me in.

I'll give it a crack tomorrow, should be interesting to come back and compare in a month or two.
aussiechick

Postby NatureDoc » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:05 pm

hmmm... a challege eh?

by body rows you mean standing upright and pulling myself towards something that is ideally stationary? I'll see what I can do. I may be hiking all day... but maybe I'll slip it tomorrow's workout.
NatureDoc
Advanced Member

Postby aussiechick » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:40 pm

Thats a good question thintonia.

I have been doing them with my chinup bar (feet on a desk) and though I was probably doing them at about 45 degree angle, as I think VBM suggested doing them in the challenge examples thread.

Anyhow I looked it up on the workout subs page http://www.fitstep.com/Misc/Newsletter- ... towel1.jpg

and tried those and they are quite a bit easier than what I was doing. Will have to get hubby to take a look at me on the bar, perhaps I am more horizontal than I thought LOL. Or could be the wider hand placement on the bar?
aussiechick

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:20 am

My original post was: at a 45deg angle. We could include the angle as part of the challenge?
volleyball_man

Postby aussiechick » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:03 am

I've been playing around and I'm set up to do body rows at a 45 degree angle both direct to the pull up bar and also using a towel, so I will use both to give my hands a bit of a break. Grip strength is one of my obstacles with these. I'm thinking more along the line of competing with myself with these, and trying again using the same setup after a period of time. Might do the same with my sissy pushups and squats to. I have a very busy two days coming up so I'm not sure exactly when I will do this but it will be in the next few days.

Just checked out your log vbm, wow you have made awesome progress. Guess you will be leaving the level 1 club shortly!
aussiechick

Postby Admin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:22 am

Here is some good body row info if you guys have made or bought rings. Adjust the angle however you like.

http://www.ringtraining.com/articles/bodyrow.htm

cool challenge good luck to all!

Cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:31 am

aussiechick wrote:
Just checked out your log vbm, wow you have made awesome progress. Guess you will be leaving the level 1 club shortly!

I'll miss you all! :cry:

Of course, when I do go, let's think of it as a scouting mission.
:P
volleyball_man

Postby Admin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:37 am

Don't worry he will keep coming back :) simplefit is to fun and convenient to abandon all together .
Admin
Site Admin

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:40 am

Oh - I'm not leaving simplefit - just level 1!!!

When I do move to level 2, I promise not to gloat or be a snob. Well - maybe I won't guarantee the gloat thing.... HAHA!

Actually, I was thinking about how it's taken me approx. 3 months to work through L1. I wonder how long L2 will take? Is that a challenge? Hmmm...

Probably not - gonna keep those high goals with low expectations.
Last edited by volleyball_man on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
volleyball_man

Postby Bri3626 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:12 pm

Either way your doing fantastic mon. Good to see other folks excited about this too!
Bri3626

Postby volleyball_man » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:14 am

I'm stunned.

I have not been doing as many body rows since I've had the pullups working and let me tell you - ouch! They will remain part of my routine somehow. I got 50 good reps in 5 minutes. I tried to make my biceps do most of the work (can't really go wide without destroying the house) so my arms are shaking.

I used a towel and so my grip was the first thing to go - but my arms were right behind saying "give up wrists" "you are far to weak." Knowing full well but not admitting to the fact that with a little more grip strength and the biceps will be toast.

I hope that I included enough metaphor and subtle hint to give myself excuses in case any of you cream this number.

I know - you're all waiting to see what I put. Everybody else will have 51 reps.
:x

I will definitely let this challenge stand and post to it again.
volleyball_man

Postby NatureDoc » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:30 pm

I got 73...

I've been waiting to post because I thought as the first to post, everyone's gonna kick their own asses to beat it.

But, yeah, 73...

My threat index has risen from minimal to mediocre...

t
NatureDoc
Advanced Member

Postby volleyball_man » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:04 pm

Good job - no really - you deserve it - I am SO glad you beat me - um uh well I gotta go - I hear my Mom calling me -
volleyball_man

Postby NatureDoc » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:17 pm

Well, my friend...

you can whip off pull-ups. That's pretty fantastic!

I can't wait to see how Bec does...
NatureDoc
Advanced Member

Next

Return to fitness training