Simplefit.org • View topic - n00b

n00b

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

n00b

Postby pmetal » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:23 am

Howdy all!

Just recently found you guys, and I'm intrigued. So I got me a Door Gym and am ready to roll.

I started this morning, L1D1. Wasn't sure what to expect or how many rounds I could get thru on the first day. Took it slow and tried to work mostly on technique (hopefully I got it right!). Ended up doing 15 rounds.

I alternated my pull-up grip between palms facing me, and palms facing each other. Not sure if that's a good strategy, or if I should do them one way and switch them every other day?? Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

I don't think my squat technique is the best as I suffer from lower back pain due to an extra vertebrae. Yippeee. Anyway, my wife tells me my back is arched and my butt sticks out too much. I tried to do them while watching in the mirror, and that helped a bit. Also, I checked the google video someone posted in another thread, so that helps too. Hopefully it'll get better with time.

Also, I did the workout this morning, but I'm wondering if that's the best time to do it. Not sure I'd be able to get to sleep if I did it at night before bed???

Anyway, thanks for the site and the logging ability. I look forward to being here for quite a while.

8)

\m/
pmetal

Postby Admin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:39 am

Welcome!

The pull up strategy is a good one alternating will engage more muscle groups and is a good way to go.

Here is a good video on squats
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6976843871
Admin
Site Admin

Postby goodluckfox » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:23 am

Welcome!

Have a look in the Workout Logs forum and see how people did things when they started out. It can be very educational.

Wait a day in between workouts (I run in my "off" days). I do mine in the evenings, because I'm not a morning person, and I'm late to work almost every day as it is. I don't know. I've heard it said that exercise in the morning elevates your metabolism through the day, though, so you burn more calories just sitting still than you would ordinarily.

But the effect lasts at least a day and change, so it may not really matter. Me, i kind of like the idea of burning more calories in my sleep. Who's bad? :)
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:23 am

The cool thing about these workouts is they create a large epoc or metabolic disruption to the point where three days a week will keep you basli metabolic rate up all week. As an aside you burn allot of fat when you sleep especially when exercising and allot of favorable hormonal stuff takes place so get your 8 hr!

Cheers

EPOC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excess_pos ... onsumption
HIIT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-inten ... l_training
Admin
Site Admin

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:33 am

Good start!

I am going to tweak my squats after that video...
volleyball_man

Postby pmetal » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:42 am

wooooo.......man. The day after!! :lol:

I got parts hurting that I didn't know I had. Shoulders and pecs mostly. Oh well, it's a "good hurt", I reckon.

Tomorrow's workout should be quite interesting. :D

May do some cardio today on the bike, as my legs seem to be okay.

Thanks for the replies and info.

\m/
pmetal

Return to fitness training