Simplefit.org • View topic - Late night energy burst

Late night energy burst

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Late night energy burst

Postby Xtina » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:23 pm

Now that it's summer time, I'm beginning to notice that I have a lot more energy, especially at night. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what causes it. I'm pretty sure this happens every year whenever it gets warm, but it's hard to tell because I've always been an insomniac. Now, I have a sedentary day job and a very regular schedule. But at night, despite my level of general tiredness from the day's mental workout, I have a sudden burst of energy and want to put loud music on my iPod and run around the neighborhood. My six and a half year old dog can't even really keep up with the length of walk I want to take and the speed I want to do it at anymore.

I can't really narrow down any other things that might be causing this. My workouts are sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening, so I suppose it could be adrenaline. I usually eat dinner around 6 or 6:30 which is when I get home from work.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby Gotti » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:56 am

I was going to suggest that it was the longer days equating to more sunshine which effects people's moods and energy levels. However, you are at a day job and not out in the sun all day. Hrm....I say go with it and enjoy it [thumbs up]
Gotti

Postby Admin » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:37 am

There is a very interesting book called "lights out" T.S. Whiley Bent Formby PH.D. that goes into this subject in depth. It suggests Increased sunshine among other things associated with summer influences various hormones shifts.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Xtina » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:47 am

Huh. Well, that pretty much explains it. I guess my real question with this post is whether I should indulge these energy bursts or not. On the one hand, I need the exercise because of my sedentary day job. On the other hand, I need the sleep because of my sedentary day job. :wink: So what's best? Getting out the late night crazies and burning some calories at the same time, or forcing my body to stick to the schedule so that I don't suffer the next day?
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby Gotti » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:44 am

I'd go with it. But that advice is coming from someone that works nights and hasn't had a normal schedule for the last 8 years. That being said, my sleeps have been somewhat deeper and longer since I have been running 3 months ago.

Test it out, see how your body adjusts to working out at night. It may just effect you differently than others and wash away the stress from the day so you can sleep well.
Gotti

Return to fitness training