Simplefit.org • View topic - hitting a wall with weight loss...

hitting a wall with weight loss...

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

hitting a wall with weight loss...

Postby goodluckfox » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:18 am

For some reason, I appear to be stuck right at 200. True, I've lost considerable fat and inches, and put on some muscle, but I'd like to lose more fat, please.

The problem that the body adapts to the lower intake of calories, and burns LESS calories? Has my body figured out how to make itself do all the things I'm asking of it now (including the running and working out) using the somewhat decreased amount of calories I've been giving it?

I'm not crazy calorie counting, you understand. I mostly eat the same things, but I just don't eat so damn MUCH of it. I'm also considerably curtailing my consumption of cokes.
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:41 am

Post what you are eating to the food logs
Admin
Site Admin

Postby goodluckfox » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:47 pm

I... I couldn't do that.

It's too embarassing.

Usually I generally eat something from the following list. I'm not gonna log and track my diet because I don't think it's particularly a problem. Also, I eat the ethnic foods of my people (poor white southerners) and don't need any flack about it.

Lunch: Ham sandwiches. Cheese and crackers. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Applesauce.

Yes, I'm 34 years old and I let Mom fix me a sack lunch each day that I go off to the law firm. (I'm in law school, and taking care of my widowed mother, and have lived on my own for a LONG time, so gimme a break).

Dinner is usually things like fried cube steak, jambalaya, pork chops, peaches, rice, some kind of noodles, grilled steaks/chicken/pork, baked fish, chicken salad sammiches, salmon croquets, potato salad. Corn, peas, beans, asparagus, green beans, macaroni and cheese, turnip greens, fried chicken...

Mom cooks WAY too much. I wind up putting half of it away into the fridge, and scavenging it later. Hence the "not eating so damn much" diet.
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby Sith » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:49 pm

I recommend keeping a log even if its just for you. Every time you put something in your mouth write it down. You'll be amazed how much more aware of your nutrition you become.
Sith

Postby Maleficarum » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:51 pm

from what you posted i see a lot of carbs.

if you want to see a change... cut some out. not all of them... but try to cut out about half of your daily carbs for 2-3 weeks... i will be willing to bet that your weight loss will kick in again.

sometimes your body gets too comfortable with a given diet... and you have to kick it up (or down) a notch or two.
Maleficarum

Postby Admin » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:58 pm

If nothing else keep track of your total carb intake every day for a week you can even pm me if you want and I will make a recommendation.
Admin
Site Admin

Bodyfat % and Food Log

Postby splint » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:58 am

First, you should be tracking bodyfat %. I've gone from mid-July weighing 205 at 28% BF to 189 currently with 21.2% bodyfat. But over the last two weeks I've been hovering around 190 lbs. although I've seen my BF % dropping from 23.5 down to 21.2. That's a good thing. Definately track Bodyfat. Either have the doctor do it, or get calipers, or a bodyfat measuring bathroom scale. Sure the scales aren't that accurate but they can show progress.

Secondly, I also recommend keeping a food log, there are plenty of online free loggers that are private, like FitDay. They already calculate the calories for you. I was like you, I never counted calories or kept a food journal because it seemed so stupid because I thought I knew what I was eating, roughly. Personally, I use DietPower software, that's how I lost this 15 lbs since July. The food journal really showed me how inaccurate I was in my guessing about food portions and healthy eating as well as tracking my sodium, fiber, and other key variables.
splint

Return to fitness training