• View topic - Question about when to level up

Question about when to level up

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Question about when to level up

Postby jzac » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:39 pm

I'm new to this site and have a question as to when to level up. I understand that days two and three should not take more than 30 minutes and not less than 5. My question is mainly for day one. I've done the day one level eight work-out before (crossfit) but can only do 13-17 rounds; should I level down until I can get a certain amount of rounds in 20 minutes? Also, is it okay to be on different levels on different days? For example; D1L8, D2L5, D3L4. Any advice would be appreciated! By the way, I love the site and think that this is a great concept for a great work-out.

Postby ucffool » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:54 am

You want to do every day of the same level. The only day that decides on 'leveling' is Day3. If it is done in less than 5 minutes, with good form, you go to a higher level. If it takes longer than 30 minutes, you should be doing an easier level. Remember, if it says '10 pull-ups', you do not move on (and the clock keeps running) till they are all done. You rest while the clock runs, and no push-ups or squats till they are done.
Long and skinny of it, try Level 5, Day 3 to see where you are at. If it is:
    5-20 minutes: do level 5.
    2-3 minutes: do level 7.
    3-5 minutes: do level 6.
    20-30 minutes: do level 4.
    30+ minutes: do level 3.

Postby jzac » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:26 am

Thanks for the info Andy. I'll give day 3 level 5 a shot and see where my time is.

Return to fitness training