Simplefit.org • View topic - Dinna's food log

Dinna's food log

Natural Nutrition

Moderator: cheapo

Postby Dinna » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:25 am

Well, yeah we do have fish here :D Actually that was one of my goals to try and eat more fish. I know that whole eggs are healthy, I just use egg whites instead sometimes to save calories.
I guess if you don't count protein powder as real food you're right that I'm not getting enough protein. However, protein is protein I think, protein powder might not be the best source bc it's not a natural food, but it works for me instead of eating meat. I like legumes too, I haven't been eating them that much lately but maybe I should in the future :)
Dinna
Advanced Member

Postby Dinna » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:29 am

Yesterday:

Breakfast: An orange and a banana and fresh apple juice.
Lunch: 2 small whole wheat pitas, large salad with carrots, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onions and a tbsp olive oil as dressing.
Dinner: Boiled broccoli and a chicken breast, tbsp. olive oil.
Snacks: 2 bananas, 1 apple, 2 whole wheat, fat free crackers, a dried date, 10 almonds + handful of raisins.
Dinna
Advanced Member

Postby DanB » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:54 am

Breakfast: An orange and a banana and fresh apple juice.
Lunch: 2 small whole wheat pitas, large salad with carrots, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onions and a tbsp olive oil as dressing.
Dinner: Boiled broccoli and a chicken breast, tbsp. olive oil.
Snacks: 2 bananas, 1 apple, 2 whole wheat, fat free crackers, a dried date, 10 almonds + handful of raisins.

Dinna: you realize I assume that the only real protein source for this whole day was the chicken breast. If you're posting on this site because you're sympathetic with the diet and exercise prescriptions that Kevin recommends, I think it's clear that you're not in line with them. I'm pretty sure that Kevin, the Paleo people, the Eades, and many others would say that there should be good sources of protein, fat, and carbs at each meal (or snack).

Breakfast yesterday was just fruit--a sugar rush for your body, which probably made you hungrier by lunch time than was necessary (I would have been ravenous). How about some whole-milk yogurt at least to go with that? Kevin and the Paleo people would object, but I think cultured dairy is in different nutritional class than plain milk, which I never drink.

For lunch, how about a hard-boiled egg on that salad or some smoked fish?

Just suggestions. You should do what you want, though I'm confused as to why you're posting here.
DanB

Postby Dinna » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:53 am

I post here bc I like to track what I'm eating, it helps me stay focused and motivated. And I use the paleo diet as an inspiration bc there are certain aspects of it that I like. Also I don't see any rules anywhere that I'm not allowed to post here if I don't strictly follow the diet. If you look at the workout logs at this site you'll see that a lot of people do their own thing for workouts that are also not necessarily part of the simplefit program. That doesn't mean, however, that they can't post here.
If you take a look at most of my other posts you'll see that I've had more protein than a chicken breast most days. I eat fruits in the morning right now bc I like to and it doesn't make me more hungry. Since yogurt isn't in line with the paleo diet either I don't get why it would be better to eat that, now that you're emphasizing the importance of sticking to the paleo diet.
Dinna
Advanced Member

Postby Dinna » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am

Today:
Breakfast: A banana, a pear and fresh orange juice.
Lunch: A whole egg, 3 egg whites, peas, green beans, a tomato and carrots, tbsp olive oil.
Dinner: Smoothie: Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, pinapple, skim milk and whey protein.
Snakcs: 3 dried dates, 15 almonds, a banana, a small whole wheat pita.
Dinna
Advanced Member

Not what I meant

Postby DanB » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:03 pm

Dinna,

I'm not suggesting that you don't post here or that you must adhere to the simplefit program completely. It's not my place at all to suggest that, and I don't think Kevin would either.

I was just confused by your dietary posts, since if you're making your posts public in this fashion, I assume you're interested in exposing them to critique. I don't post my daily diet because frankly I don't care what other people think about my food.

I certainly wasn't advocating a hard-core paleo plan, since I do eat yogurt and cheese as well as legumes.

Since you appear to be happy with your choices, I'll stop commenting on them.
DanB

Postby Dinna » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:57 pm

Like I said before I'm always happy to get advice and if the advice works for me I might follow it, if not I'll just tell you how I feel about it and why it might not work for me, like I did with your advice. I don't have a problem with getting advice from you or anyone else, I'm actually happy that people would take time and comment on my food log. And yes, that's also part of the reason that I write down my food publicly.
I'm glad you won't tell me not to post here, as that was kind of the impression that I got from your last post.
So again, advice is welcome, that's partly why I make my food log public, I don't know why you got the idea that I don't want advice :?: Just because I don't always follow the advice, doesn't mean I don't want it.
Dinna
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Nutrition