Simplefit.org • View topic - Vith's goals

Vith's goals

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

Vith's goals

Postby Vith » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:41 pm

Short term:

Pass an Air Force PT test honestly.
I'm a 25 year old SSgt who's been flying a desk around for a few years. I've put on about 30-45 lbs I don't want and have never really been in very good shape anyway. I'm sick of being the "fat" guy in my shop, and I'm sick of depending on pity and charity to pass a rather easy fitness assessment. It's just a mile and a half run, 1 min of pushups, 1 minute of situps, and a waist measurement. I currently suck at all of these things except pushups.

I've been reading up on paleo-nutrition and trying to eat better, been doing simplefit (negative pullups) for about a month, and running (or 30 mins eliptical) a couple of times a week.

Thanks for the awesome program :D
Vith

Postby volleyball_man » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:01 am

Welcome and good luck!
volleyball_man

Postby taifun » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:10 am

Welcome, Vith

You'll get there!
taifun

Postby Vith » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:22 pm

New goal -- winter sports.
I've lived in Montana 4 years and have only been skiing once. It was a miserable experience where I spent an afternoon almost literally falling down a mountainside. After one pass, I returned to the lodge and spent the rest of the day pouring beer down my throat to numb my broken and battered ass while my friends continued to play in the snow.
This season I'd like to try my hand at snowboarding. I've augmented my day 1 sessions to include burpies between pullups and pushups. At least this way I can get better at picking myself up.
Vith

Return to Fitness Goals