Simplefit.org • View topic - Keith's Goals

Keith's Goals

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

Keith's Goals

Postby kdo463 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:06 am

I've finally gotten around to posting goals.

Exercise:
I'm in decent shape, but there is much room for improvement to be sure. My current "drop and give me..." maximums are 12 for pull ups and about 25 for push ups. I'd like to take pull ups up to 15 and push ups back to 35 where I was few years ago and then eventually up to 50. My 5K time has hovered at around 29 minutes. I think 25 sounds better.
Aside from those numbers, I would like to be able to complete a prescribed Crossfit workout and eventually switch over to that routine as the norm. Since I don't really play any sports on a normal basis, I think Crossfit will become my sport.

Diet:
So, I currently weigh 185, which is up 20 lbs since my metabolism began to slow down within the past 5 years. My age is 31 currently. I'd like to take that down to 175 eventually. More importantly, of course is body fat. According to the calculator at zoneliving.com, I have 17% body fat. I'd like to take that down to 14%. I've also never really had a nice six pack, so lets throw that in too.
These goals are mostly factors of diet. Aside from the fact that I've cut out dairy almost completely, I guess I'd say my diet is closest to the BestLife or USDA recommended diets than anything else. With all the controversy about diets these days, I don't really buy into any of them 100%. So, what I've started doing is just paying attention to portion size, and choosing healthier versions of food items if I have the option. Probably the best thing I've done is to minimize calorie bomb snacks, especially the big one right before bedtime.

Other goals:
My wife and I are avid hikers and love destination hikes especially mountain peaks. We have summited 9 of the 53 Colorado 14ners (peaks over 14,000 feet). A dream would be to summit them all, but for now I have a list of about ten more that I'd like to do. Added to that list are a few peaks in Wyoming, Washington, Oregon, and California.
I also think it would be cool to hike the Colorado Trail all 479 miles from Denver to Durango.
And then the dreamiest dream of all is to hike the 2000+ mile Continental Divide Trail that runs from Mexico to Canada. Gotta get in a financial position that would allow 3-4 months off work for that one. Heh heh.
Last edited by kdo463 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
kdo463

Postby ucffool » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:41 pm

Those goals sound great, and the diet approach I strongly support because it is very similar to my own ;). Needless to say, we're here with you. Do you have a favorite 'picture from the summit' you may have taken and digitized that you can post here? I think many would love to see it and see where you are coming from.
ucffool

Postby kdo463 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:56 am

Absolutely, I just keep forgetting step 1: Get the darn pictures off the camera and into the computer.
kdo463

Postby Hosedragger » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:01 am

Strong goals, Keith.

I really identify with hiking the continental divide trail. That would be cool.
Hosedragger
Advanced Member

Postby kdo463 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:51 am

Lets add to the list the ability to do at least one of the following:

- handstand push up
- one-armed push up
- one-armed pull up
kdo463

Postby zachh85 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:43 am

I KNOW THIS IS AN OLD POST BUT...

KDO, BIG HIKER HERE. THE CONTINENTAL DIVIDE IS ON MY LIST AS WELL. I HIKED THE APPALACHAIN TRAIL IN '05 AND WOULDN'T TAKE THAT EXPERIENCE BACK FOR A COOL $1,000,000.00. THE GIRLFRIEND AND I ARE PLANNING ON DOING THE PACIFIC CREST IN APRIL OF '09. ANYWAYS, I RAMBLE. GOOD LUCK, AND DON'T KEEP PUSHING THE LONG HIKES BACK, IT'S EASY TO GET SIDETRACKED AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.... IT'S BEEN A COUPLE OF YEARS AND NOTHING HAS HAPPENED... JOBS AND MONEY WILL ALWAYS BE WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK. THE TIME YOU HAVE TO DO THESE OTHER THINGS ARE LIMITED! GOOD LUCK!
zachh85

Return to Fitness Goals