Simplefit.org • View topic - Anyone else in or near central NC? I want to try something.

Anyone else in or near central NC? I want to try something.

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Anyone else in or near central NC? I want to try something.

Postby nuggets » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:01 pm

The basic idea is this:

2 or more people taking turns.

First person does a move (jump over obstacle, pushup, pullup, scale small wall anything). The next person repeats the move and adds one more. Switch and repeat until someone cannot complete, then start from scratch.

Anybody nearby wanna try this with me?
nuggets

Postby Admin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:45 pm

That kind of reminds me of the thing were 2 people play speed chess and do 10 push ups every round right before their move interesting how physical stress impacts logic, good stuff.
Admin
Site Admin

climbing wall

Postby gwmccull » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:08 pm

At the climbing wall we use the same sort of idea for a game called "Add On". One person starts by picking a couple of starting holds and the first move. Every other person then adds one move to the sequence. When you can't go further, you drop out and the others continue until there's a winner. It definitely builds your ability to remember complex sequences in a stressful situation. The people who played the most were better at remembering the sequence than people who didn't play as often, *irregardless* of actual climbing ability. The ability to remember sequences seemed to translate into a greater ability to remember and figure out the best way to do outdoor climbing routes.
gwmccull

Postby nuggets » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:49 pm

you near here?
nuggets

Postby gwmccull » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:59 pm

nope, sorry. I live in NorCal (Truckee specifically).
gwmccull

Return to fitness training