Simplefit.org • View topic - Avraham's workout log

Avraham's workout log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Postby Avraham » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:51 am

Last night W6 L1 D1 21. 2pu, 1cu, 2neg, 16assists.
Avraham

Postby Avraham » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:32 pm

Last night L1 D2 4:15
Yes, I know. This time, however, I made sure to keep busy with other exercises and not totally detrain. I now have intermittent access to a workout room, but it does not have a pull-up bar. It does has some great machines which are a lot of fun.
Avraham

Postby Avraham » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:28 pm

I have been out of the simplefit routine for close to a month, but wanted to drop a quick note of good news. I have been off all pain medication for over 3 weeks. Will try to post more soon. Thanks.
Avraham

Postby Avraham » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:10 am

I went to a new gym this past Tuesday, trying to restart my simplefit routine. I started with a warm up on the bicycle. All they had for a pull up bar was one attached to the weight station. Not a regular bar, but two handles in the inside of the supports so the palms are facing each other, and bars on the outside for a very wide grip. L1D3, I did six pullups with those grips, and then did 3-1 negatives using a chair to start at the top, to finish the 10. Being it was about a month since my last simplefit workout, I pushed myself. The time was 2:38. Is that possible? Did I read it wrong? I was in shock. Maybe the grip is much easier? I went swimming a little last Sunday, maybe that helped?

Anyway, I used the treadmill for a few minutes and stretched afterwards, and felt great. My leg felt great immediately afterwards. Still off the meds for over a month now also. We have a few events this week, see if I can keep it up.
Avraham

Postby Avraham » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:30 pm

Meant to post a long time ago about getting new brackets for my pullup bar. I called up the manufacturer because the box seemed to indicate that there should be two sets of brackets, but there were no instructions or info at all included. I asked if there should be two, and if not how much for a second pair. They replied, can't tell so we'll just send out another one anyway. So I finally installed them at the top of the doorway last night, so I can keep it there all the time. This has two purposes- I get a fuller range of motion with the pull ups, and I can do GTG. So last night I did a few simple fit exercises, but not a full day. Oh, and the third reason is to remind me to simplefit!
Avraham

Postby Avraham » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:08 am

Can't believe so much time has passed from my last simplefit workout! I started with other exercises and some pull ups here and there, but the last couple months have hardly worked out at all. I have also been eating much more and gained a lot of lost weight.

Good news: I had some health concerns, but after a few tests, everything is good. My leg pain/sciatica pain has not returned for months and I consider myself cured. We had a new baby!

Last Sunday I was near the Y and ran in for a few minutes. I did L1 D3 in my pants and shoes, and with a little cheating made it under 5 minutes. I didn't log it. Just wanted to start. I think I will aim for once a week for now.
Avraham

Re: Avraham's workout log

Postby Avraham » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Been a l-o-n-g time. Wanted to start again.
Started with L1D2 last night, 4:40 and first 2 pullups were normal, others were assisted 3-1.
Tried do do some tonight but my arms are sore. (Was moving some boxes also).
Love this site, hope I will be more consistent this time around.
Avraham

Postby Avraham » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:18 pm

L1D1 23 reps
1 pushup 1 chinup rest were 3-1 assists
Pushups & squats normal
Took it slow and careful. Warmed up first & stretched after. My body feels very heavy. Think it is a good start.
Avraham

Postby fitman » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Hey guys

How are you all getting on with the programing?

I have been lifting weights recently and have moved back away from them. I wad using a slower cadence and avoiding most of the discomfort I occasionally felt in my lower back and shoulder but moving the wrights around and loading ullo the bars is rime consuming and more problematic is the space I work out in.

How did you all figure out which level to start on

I have to run a shortened week this week but started on week 4. I know I can complete levels 5 and 6 but thought I should start below my current best level.

I ran week four day 1 for 10 minutes today due to time constraints.
I managed 21 rounds + 2 pullups and 4 pressups in 10 minutes.

I should have managed more but I started out at a deliberately slow pace and sped up nearer the end
fitman

Postby Avraham » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:34 pm

L1D3 3:40
Pull ups were all assisted 3-1, feet on chair. Need a lot of work with pull ups.
Avraham

Previous

Return to workouts