• View topic - Newbie questions...

Newbie questions...

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Newbie questions...

Postby firedepot » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:19 am

My younger brother, who is a chiropractor and fitness enthusiast told me about this Crossfit stuff, and how amazing it was. Seeing as I am not in the physical shape he is, I think that I am more suited for the Simplefit program.

I am 35 years old, 5'5" & 158 lbs. By BMI is a 26.6 and my BF was 17.3 the last time I checked. My goal is to get my weight down to the 140's by New Years Day, and to increase my general overall fitness, health, strength and appearance. My diet is pretty good, consisting of a daily regimen of Oatmeal, bananas, yogurt, protein bars, soup, salad or sandwich, and lean protein. I can easily manage the 3 days per week regimen.

I have worked out before and I am currently a new-again gym member, but, it looks like I could cancel my membership and buy a pull-up bar and see better results! In fact, Saturday, after 20 mins on the Treadclimber, I semi-tried the L1 D1 workout. Needless to say, I feel more sore in my chest, biceps, back, and legs than circuit training on the Nautilus machines in the gym. I am a believer that the Simplefit exercises are tons more effective. Wish me luck!
Advanced Member

Postby splint » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:53 am

Welcome. I haven't given the nutritional aspect of Simplefit a try yet only because I found something that worked for me as far as weightloss. I'm slowly transitioning into focusing on muscle building where I may incorporate more of the nutritional suggestions listed here. So I say, don't worry about doing it all at once.

And secondly, it seems we're coming in with similar attitudes. I was basically bored of working out in the gym and thought that the least I could do was give simplefit a try for 3 weeks to see if I liked it. It's rejuvenated my love of working out and I look forward to it. I've also gotten great results if I do say so myself. :oops:
Good luck with it!

Postby Admin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:39 am

Site Admin

Return to fitness training