Simplefit.org • View topic - Level 1 easy?

Level 1 easy?

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Level 1 easy?

Postby firedepot » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:35 am

I finished Level 1 Day 2 last night, and it seemed way too easy. Day 1 was more physically taxing. It seems that strength is not a problem, but maybe endurance is. I did get 25 Rounds on Day 1 though. What indicators will direct me to go up a level?

Also, I lost 2 more lbs this week. I started at 160, and I'm at 156 now.
firedepot
Advanced Member

Postby fxdemolisher » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:54 am

I believe that if you complete D3 in less then 5 minutes then you need to level up. L1D2 has also been pretty easy on my while D1 is killer. Try to see how you feel on the fifth set of D2 and not on the overall load on the body. Even while not breathing hard and not feeling exhausted on D2 my muscles do feel like they got a workout.
fxdemolisher

Postby ucffool » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:39 am

fx is correct, D3 decides if you move up.
Slowdown your D2 workout to increase challenge. It will get harder ;)
ucffool

Moving up?

Postby firedepot » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:38 am

I got D3 done in approx. 3.5 minutes. My dead hang pull-up form needs work to get to 10, though. Do you think I should try L2 this week?

Also, I am so ready to quit the gym. I get alot of funny looks when I am only in the gym 20 minutes or so. I watched alot of guys working on the Nautilus machines, pressing and pulling over and over, but, I bet that they could do very few pull-ups or pushups. No one is ever standing in line to use the pull-up stations. I think I am going to order a door gym today, and I'll just run occasionally for cardio, or I'll buy a jumprope.

I read the articles whose links are posted here, and I am a 100% convert. My brother told me about real-world strength some time ago when he became a Crossfit convert. I also think that I am going to give the Mongol diet a try. It's currently in the fitness section of Bestlife online.

If I don't post again before Thanksgiving, I want to wish you all well. Be thankful for what you have, not only that day, but each and every day, and watch those calories!
firedepot
Advanced Member

Postby scumdogg » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:48 am

Hey fire, it sounds like you're well on your way. I would probably bump up to the next level if I were you, but it's your call. I workout with good form, but if I'm breezing through the squats and pushups while my pullups are lagging a bit I don't let that hold me back and up a level anyway. I try and do some extra pullups on my off days to compensate, greasing the groove style. On the other side of the coin though, there are those who like to get all exercises to the same level before increasing. It depends on what workout methodology you follow.

Jump rope I think is a very underrated form of cardio. I've been including jumping rope in my workouts for about 3 weeks now and love it. Check out my previous post on jumping rope: http://www.simplefit.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=747

Let us know how you fare on L2 if you decide to try it.
scumdogg

Postby gwmccull » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:56 pm

ucffool wrote:Slowdown your D2 workout to increase challenge. It will get harder ;)

I second that. My new thing for day two is to move slowly on the eccentric, down portion of the movement and quickly/explosively on the concentric, up portion of the movement. It's taking a little bit of time to get used to not rushing through the workout but it kicks my butt!
gwmccull

Simplefit results

Postby firedepot » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:41 am

Wow, I am already seeing results!

On Level 2 Day 1, I did 33 rounds in 20 minutes, and felt like I could do 10-20 more if given more time. Even after Thanksgiving, I dropped another pound-down to 155 now. That equates to dropping 2 waist sizes-down to 32, and from a 16 dress shirt to a 15. That's with limited Cardio-maybe once a week. I can't tell you how gratifying it is to get in and out of the gym in less than 30 minutes, and still get a better, more sensible workout than those poor souls languishing in there for an hour or more.

Beginners, follow the workouts, eat sensibly(portion size is critical), get good rest, and you will see results.
firedepot
Advanced Member

Return to fitness training