Simplefit.org • View topic - What are you reading?

What are you reading?

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

What are you reading?

Postby Admin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:59 pm

I just finished "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy it was painfull and not for the squeamish for sure but one of the very best books I have read for a very long time so I thought I would mention it.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:47 pm

I finally got to read "The Kite Runner" - awesome book. I am now reading the last in the trilogy that starts with "The Golden Compass" the third one is "The Amber Spyglass"
volleyball_man

Postby Admin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:53 pm

Wow vbm we have similar taste in books I really enjoyed the kite runner and all the Pullman books as well. You should read the road it is kinda like getting kicked in the stomach but a great read and well worth it.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby splint » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:46 am

I was reading Count of Monte Cristo but I have no idea what I did with the book,
splint

Postby skustes » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:59 am

I just finished Moral Minds and started The Old Way. I have an Amazon list about 75 books long that maybe I'll one day make it through.
skustes

Postby Bri3626 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:01 am

Good lord I don't know where to start.

Usually reading at least one "Eye Of The World" series. Currently on #5.

Lisey's Story by Stephen King.

Collecting all of the Louis L'amour westerns and usually spend a little bit of a day reading one or another. I just like the western genre for some reason.

Starting Strength (ha). I love reading that kind of stuff. sick I know.

Restarted Harry Potter series. Saw part of one of the movies and realized I forgot what was going on so I've started over.

There is another series of books I was reading my son introduced me to. E.E. Knight's story about Vampire Earth. Im currently on "Valentines Exile" but it's been some time since I've returned to it.

My son wants me to read The Golden Compass series so I may start that soon. How is it VBM?
Bri3626

Postby volleyball_man » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:10 am

The Golden Compass was pretty good (albeit a lite read). The second one wasn't as good (typical 2nd in a trilogy - dry character development etc.). I just started the third one - I am a SLOW reader. You'll have to tell me how it is!
volleyball_man

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:13 pm

The third was the least favorite IMO. Just saw the GC movie it was pretty good better than I expected. I see they just made a movie out of the kite runner as well. Let me know if anybody reads "The Road" is is really intense especially if you have little kids.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby skustes » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:45 am

Started "Survival of the Sickest" last Friday and have "The Blind Watchmaker" waiting for me. I can't do the reading two books at once thing like some of you do.
skustes

Postby agoodlysize » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:58 am

Just finished The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril, a great book written in pulp style, and I think I'm going to pick up Warped Passages. Oh, and I'm finishing up The Thin Man, a great old mystery from the 20s.
agoodlysize

Postby ucffool » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:12 pm

Currently reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins about Atheism basically, with philosphical discussions which is appropriate for someone with a Philosophy degree (I'm currently Agnostic if you care).
Up next on the list are:
Next by Michael Crichton (read all his fictions)
Wicked by Gregory Maguire (heard such good things, intrigued me)
The World Without Us by Alan Weisman (fantastic book about what would happen if all humans disappeared from this world. Love the cover too)
ucffool

Postby volleyball_man » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:16 am

Well, I put down "The Amber Spyglass" and picked up "Water for Elephants" - I'll let you know...
volleyball_man

Return to fitness community