Simplefit.org • View topic - Newbie questions...

Newbie questions...

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Newbie here

Postby jeffnboise » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:37 am

I, too, am a refugee from BT. I read about Simplefit on BT.com and gave it a try. I'm hooked. I've even got some people in my mentor group trying Simplefit. I love the overall, fatigued, feeling I get (not 'sore) when I've finished. Still a newbie, but I'm hoping for big things.
jeffnboise

Postby marina » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:23 am

Another BTer here! I'm going to start the Simplefit thing in a month or so when my swim, bike & run training volumes get higher. It seems so simple but thorough. Good for strength improvements without the fuss of extra gym time.
marina

Postby Admin » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:38 am

Welcome!

I hear hooked and addicted so often I feel like the feds are going to knock on my door any day!

Simplefit packs such a wallop in such a short time span your body rewards you by dumping a nice endorphin cocktail into your blood stream after every workout.

endorphin
one of a group of opiate-like peptides produced naturally by the body at neural synapses at various points in the central nervous system pathways where they modulate the transmission of pain perceptions. The term endorphin was coined by combining the words endogenous and morphine. Like morphine, endorphins raise the pain threshold and produce sedation and euphoria; the effects are blocked by naloxone, a narcotic antagonist.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby katzchen55 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:21 pm

And still another BT'er in the herd....I have to admit that I'm intrigued about simplefit because I really, REALLY don't like weight training. I need something simple and easy to do at home because I will find just about any excuse to not go to the gym. But, if I'm going to lose weight, I need the resistance training, so here I am! Hello to all of the other BT folks, too!
katzchen55

Postby Triguy67 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:59 am

And yet another BTer!

I like the idea of simplicity as well and though I'm not trying to lose any weight, definitely trying to gain some strength.

Curious about any feedback people have for substitutions for pullups - what's recommended? I did a workout last night and got through about 10 rounds, but then was really struggling with the pullups, while I could have kept going for quite a while with the pushups and squats.

Thanks for the feedback!
Triguy67

Previous

Return to fitness training