Simplefit.org • View topic - Should I be this sore?

Should I be this sore?

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Should I be this sore?

Postby tkbslc » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:48 am

I did my first simpefit workout on monday, L1D2. I was going to do L1D1 today, but I am hurting! My quads are trashed I don't think I could do many squats. My chest is OK, but my lats are in pain too. I didn't think 5 minutes of "easy" exercises would trash me like this. Should I go on with the L1D1 workout, or wait another day or 2 until I am feeling a little less sore? How about L1D3, as that seem easier (or at least shorter)? How sore are people normally after 2 days? Are you pretty much always sore as you keep upping the levels as soon as you catch up?

Thanks! I love this site/program so far
tkbslc

Postby Admin » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:46 am

Yes that is normal you will adjust in 1-2 weeks keep it up!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby splint » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:28 pm

:D You'll get over it.

My lats were really sore when I first started. My legs were too. I fell into the no-weight equals easy workout trap. I still get sore from the workouts but it's more of a good soreness. Sometimes I can feel my back almost burning after a good workout.

That's how you know it's working. :twisted:
splint

Postby tkbslc » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:47 pm

I did a 1300m swim at lunch which loosened me up. I figured the Day 3 workout would be easier for me while sore, so I did that today. I even goofed and did 25 pushups and squats instead of 21. Maybe next week I'll try the proper order of Days....

I also figured out why I found Day 2 so hard, I missed the part about the 3 mins of rest between rounds. I did them all continuously without rest!

Thanks for your help.
tkbslc

Postby splint » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:01 pm

I also figured out why I found Day 2 so hard, I missed the part about the 3 mins of rest between rounds. I did them all continuously without rest!

lol, I did the same thing the first couple weeks.
splint

Return to fitness training