Simplefit.org • View topic - Rest day question.

Rest day question.

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Rest day question.

Postby agoodlysize » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:47 am

Is the SF(SimpleFit) rest day just for SF work? Or can I throw in twenty minutes of high intensity running or other interval training on the off days without stunting my progress? I'm looking for maximum progress in minimum time, but I don't want to overtrain.
Thanks!
Last edited by agoodlysize on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agoodlysize

Postby splint » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:59 pm

I think it's different for everyone really. I started with just doing Simplefit program 3 times a week for about 5 to 6 weeks. Then I gradually added exercises one by one, like tabata squats, dips, handstands, kettlebell work, burpees, weight training and the Simplefit running program. I don't really plan my workouts. My "base" is to do the Simplefit program and then I add exercises I feel like doing everyday and workout until I'm tired. I generally do something 6 days a week with total rest one of the weekends. Not every single day of the 6 days is full intensity day though. For example, on Monday, I'll warm-up, do the Simplefit routine, do The Dumbbell Bear, some turkish get-ups, some ab work and maybe hit the heavy bag. That'll be about an hour. On Tuesday, depending on how I feel, I may just do the SimpleFit running program, 6-8 rounds of sprints, or I'll feel like throwing some weight around and do some deadlifts and bench presses. If I really get into the lifting and add barbell rows and shoulder presses, I may postpone the Simplefit Program to Thursday and run on Wednesday.

As you can see, it's difficult for me to write down my "routine" because it's dynamic and ever-changing depending on how I feel and the overall effort and quality of the previous workout. Some people might not like this type of unplanned routine but I'm seeing some good results. Starting the Simplefit program allowed me to break things down to their bare essentials and build from a great base to a fully customized program that seems to be working for me.
splint

Return to fitness training