Simplefit.org • View topic - cheapo's goals

cheapo's goals

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

cheapo's goals

Postby cheapo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:48 am

Hello.

I am a nearly 38 year old husband and father of 2. I work as an architect, which keeps me planted in front of a computer most days. (I do stand, rather than sit, at my workstation, however.)

I have not really figured out how I am going to fit this into my schedule...but it seems doable.

Current Stats:
    male
    almost 38 years old
    waist: 35"
    approx. 210 lbs.

My goal:
    male
    27 years old
    waist: 32-33"
    175-180 lbs (my weight at 27)
    increased strength, health, speed, power

Nothing special there...although I'll feel pretty special if I get there.

Question:
At the bottom of the Advanced Exercises page, it states:
"For those seeking more variety and challenge optional week 3 workouts intermediate bodyweight exercises"

What does that mean? Every three weeks, do the intermediate workout?

And on the Intermediate Exercises page, I see:
"Multiply static holds (L-hang, Plank) by 3 for number of seconds to hold."

Multiply what by 3?[/i]

Finally, how does one know when to switch to the advanced workouts? When you can do the Basic Workout at Level 8 with ease?
cheapo

Postby ucffool » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:17 pm

Yeah, I never grammar fixed the advanced pages that Kevin wrote (bless his heart, great site, but sometimes...). Basically, the idea was that those looking for challenge and variety would do regular simplefit week 1, advanced week 2, and intermediate week 3 (week 4 would be a rest week doing a lower level of something). There is no set 'advance to advanced/intermediate' point, some folks simply wanted the variety/challenge, and so he decided to design something for those folks with the same principles as the rest of simplefit.

On the multiplication question, it is explained in the Explanation of Workouts, but basically if it calls for 3 reps, you would multiple the number of reps (3) by 3 to get the total number of seconds to hold the position, in this example, 9 seconds.

Hope that helps!
ucffool

Alright - I finally started!

Postby cheapo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:37 pm

A very late start on this new year's resolution!

My wife and I did Level 1, Day 2 tonight. We started on Day 2 because it's a Wednesday and we plan to do M-W-F.

My wife had a considerably harder time than me, I think I'll do level 2 next time.
cheapo

Postby madmantu » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:59 pm

It is good to see that you two are tackling this together. It is certainly helpful to have someone there with you. Dont ever stop, never settle. Your goals are realistic(except that one about going from 38 to 27 years old).

Good luck! Keep eachother strong. Thats why you are married after all :p
madmantu

Postby cheapo » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:38 pm

Couple of crummy phone cam pictures from a while back, around the middle of last summer:

I'll take some current ones soon. But they'll be "before" pics too since I am only 4 workouts into SimpleFit.
cheapo

Return to Fitness Goals