Simplefit.org • View topic - Chuck's Fitness Log

Chuck's Fitness Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Chuck's Fitness Log

Postby Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:54 pm

Hello,

Found this site while reading about Crossfit and this looked like a very good place to start.

About me...35, 190lbs, 5'10" and vastly out of shape...would like to lose weight, lower my body fat % dramatically, and get into better shape. It would be nice to fit into some of the size 32 jeans I still have...

There is some work to do along the lines of diet as well, not so much a quality issue as a portion size issue and habitual snacking on sweets.

Starting on L1D1...20x using reverse push-ups as the substitution for pull-ups (3:1). Not sure how to feel about this as reading the workout it didn't seem that bad but after doing D1 I felt it all over...even my quads.

A little worried about the push-ups, found my wrists were quite sore. Hopefully this will improve.

Anyway wish me luck,

Chuck
Chuck

Postby Admin » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:18 am

do the push ups on your knuckles it is much easier on the wrists, just pad the knuckles if you need to starting out.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby volleyball_man » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:15 am

Admin wrote:do the push ups on your knuckles it is much easier on the wrists, just pad the knuckles if you need to starting out.

yep.
volleyball_man

Thanks, will try the knuckle push-ups...nt

Postby Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:40 pm

nt
Chuck

L1D2

Postby Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:57 pm

9mins 15 secs with slow controlled movements and reverse push-ups at 3:1 for pull-ups.

Was very surprised that the workout left me as sore as it did...maybe it means it is working.

Will have to look for resistance bands for assisted pull-ups as the pull-up bar is the least used item in our work gym while the squat rack is probably the most (that is where I have been doing the reverse pull-ups).

Charles
Chuck

Return to workouts