Simplefit.org • View topic - Ok, its time for a change..

Ok, its time for a change..

Natural Nutrition

Moderator: cheapo

Ok, its time for a change..

Postby atvaholic » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:35 pm

Hi, I've been trying to improve my diet over the last year or so, and must say I feel better, more energy. but have no lost any weight :-(

So, I guess I need to change it. I guess i'll start by posting my diet here.

Morning -
1 -2 eggs with 1 Slice of WW toast, sometimes 1 egg with a little cheese. on WW bread

Snack
Handfull of carrots, or natural PB

Lunch
Chicken Cutlet and 1 cup of onions lightly fried in OO -OR-
Subway 6" Chicken sub on WW with let, tom, lettuce and Mustard -OR-

Snack
low fat yogurt or Handfull of nuts

Dinner
Always 1 side of meat (usually chicken, sometimes beef) with side of mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, sometimes onions/peppers)

Snack
TBSP of Natural PB and/or Yogurt

Ok, let me have it......Its time for change...
atvaholic

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:17 pm

Need more info,

Age, Sex, Height, Weight, Activity Level...
volleyball_man

Stats

Postby atvaholic » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:27 pm

Hello!!

I am Male, 34 - 6 foot tall 242 lbs.

Activity I do brazilian jiu-jitsu 2 X a week, hockey 1X a week and my simplefit level one three times a week.

Please let me know anything else.
atvaholic

Postby volleyball_man » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:33 am

I'm 6'4 245 - and I do the CrossFit WODs (mostly scaled, but more and more close to Rx'd). I eat a bit more that you. I am not looking to drop pounds at all - in fact I'd be happy to lose a little fat and land somewhere around 250 - 260 according to my frame.

242 at 6' is possibly a healthy weight for you as well. I'd focus on what you are eating - not the volume. Corn, carrots, all the bread, these are no-nos. I also wouldn't pay attention to the weight. I am gaining weight but tightening my belt. I just started the Zone diet, in earnest, last week. I already notice a difference in my energy levels and ability to focus. I wish it were more feasible to include only paleo friendly items, but it isn't. I do the best I can and definitely follow the Zone block prescription for my type 23 blocks per day.

If you go the the Zone Diet website, there's a calculator you can use to find what your intake should be. It said I should have 28 blocks! I spoke to Nicole (from CrossFit) at the certification I attended a couple of weeks ago and she said, "Try 23 to start."
volleyball_man

Return to Nutrition