Simplefit.org • View topic - my goals

my goals

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

my goals

Postby bcrank » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:05 pm

long story short............in 26 weeks i will be 40.......i'm 6'1 240 25%bf or a lil more......i have been in shape in the past and want to get back.........goals by my 40 th bday under 200 lbs 10% bf 100 consecutive push ups(can do 15 rt now) 20 consecutive pull ups( can do 0 unassisted rt now) 100 burpees in under 4 mins 5 -400 meter sprints in under 15 mins......my plan

day 1 boxing training 15 rounds total rope skipping, heavy bag, speed bag
day 2 conditioning using bodyweight exercises
day 3 hill sprints or 400 meter sprints

my diet will be all natural with vey few fiborous carbs occasionally a cheat meal
criticism/comments welcome
bcrank

Postby splint » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:29 am

Awesome goals. They sounds doable. I dunno about 100 burpees in sub 4 minutes though :shock: I nearly puked up a lung getting under 10 minutes for that, but who am I? Maybe you can do it.

The only criticism I can offer is that you picked 4 goals that benefit greatly from the grease-the-groove method of training which is basically saying that the best way to get better at doing pull-ups, push-ups, burpees and sprints is to practice pull-ups, push-ups, burpees, and sprints.

So I'd ask if Day 1 is really helping you get to your goal as effectively as maybe actually doing 100 burpees and focusing on knocking down the time every week.

Keep in mind I might not know what I'm talking about, just trying to help hash out your plan. :)
splint

Postby bcrank » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:12 am

splint wrote:Awesome goals. They sounds doable. I dunno about 100 burpees in sub 4 minutes though :shock: I nearly puked up a lung getting under 10 minutes for that, but who am I? Maybe you can do it.

The only criticism I can offer is that you picked 4 goals that benefit greatly from the grease-the-groove method of training which is basically saying that the best way to get better at doing pull-ups, push-ups, burpees and sprints is to practice pull-ups, push-ups, burpees, and sprints.

So I'd ask if Day 1 is really helping you get to your goal as effectively as maybe actually doing 100 burpees and focusing on knocking down the time every week.

Keep in mind I might not know what I'm talking about, just trying to help hash out your plan. :)
thanks for the response.....you absolutely do know what you are talking about and you are right.....i used to be a boxer when i was younger so i like to keep a boxing day in my training..its a really great workout and i kind of enjoy it...it may not be perfect for my goals but its hard work ............ive googled grease the groove and it sounds like a great way to improve rather quickly thanks again for the reply
bcrank

Postby splint » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:22 am

No problem. I have a heavy bag in my basement and throwing punches for 3 minute rounds is an awesome workout. I'm not saying don't do it, just that you might want to throw in some burpee workouts.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
splint

Postby bcrank » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:27 am

splint wrote:No problem. I have a heavy bag in my basement and throwing punches for 3 minute rounds is an awesome workout. I'm not saying don't do it, just that you might want to throw in some burpee workouts.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
i do burpees during day 2 with conditioning/bodyweight exercises but ur right i shuould def focus more on that
bcrank

Return to Fitness Goals